Advanced search

home insurance?

(3 Posts)
fluffles Mon 30-May-11 13:33:14

i'm facing redundancy and considering picking up a bit of consultancy/freelance work. i do not have any start up capital and am not trying to 'start a business' as such, more hoping that freelance work may lead back to employment.

so, i know all about registering as S-E (which i don't need to do till i'm actually offered work) and tax, and our car is insured for occassional business use, but do i have to change my home insurance? i don't know how much work at home i will be doing... but i know we answered 'no' to the business question when we got our home insurance.
if i went to the local library or cafes to work would i avoid this?

MovingAndScared Mon 30-May-11 13:57:39

I would ring the insurance company to check but if its just computer and telephone work and you don't have client meetings at home it probably willl be ok

TalkinPeace2 Mon 30-May-11 15:37:39

DH and I work from home.
No room in the house is solely business use
We both have our businesses insured
It's just like any employee working from home - house insurers tend to steer well clear.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: