Talk

Advanced search

Do you all know there is a way to set up a FREE website with Getting British Business Online?

(9 Posts)
LadyBiscuit Wed 02-Feb-11 11:04:57

In case this is any interest to any of you - I've just set myself up as self-employed and I was struggling trying to design my own website when I came across this on the web www.gbbo.co.uk/

It offers free templates, web address, email and tracking.

It did take me slightly more than 20 mins and if you want something really fancy then it probably isn't for you but if you're only offering something fairly basic then it's ace

veritythebrave Wed 02-Feb-11 11:20:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

midnightexpress Wed 02-Feb-11 11:23:44

Oh thank you. Just marking my place.

veritythebrave Wed 02-Feb-11 11:27:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyBiscuit Wed 02-Feb-11 11:45:34

You're welcome - I was really worried people would think I was spamming

goldenpeach Wed 02-Feb-11 19:39:51

Read the comments as some had some nasty surprises!
customer-service.bttradespace.com/gbbo/topics/how_ much_does_this_service_cost

Or you can go to Google and build your website there.

Or try this for budget site
www.suite101.com/content/setting-up-a-website-on-a -budget-a339771

LadyBiscuit Wed 02-Feb-11 20:37:53

How weird - I've had no hassle at all and I set up my website before Xmas.

I still think it's a great deal - free for 2 years followed by £2.95 + VAT for the name every year after.

NetworkGuy Fri 01-Jul-11 13:29:46

Looks like changes now mean they only offer free service for the first year.
Help Pages replace the FAQ link

I remember recommending this to friend last June, so I will have to check if he has been asked for cash now... Hope not as the terms then were only talking about the renewal fee after 2 years.

Seems that BT have yet to fix the exact fee... On the one hand, BT might have felt the pinch if the takeup was very high, but as far as I can tell there has been little or no TV/radio advertising (though I have seen Google ads for GBBO.co.uk) and if the numbers were high, they should have considered that possibility. It might have been like the Hoover "fly to USA" deal though, and they may have had a response level they had never dreamed about...

Adair Sun 03-Jul-11 11:09:51

yola also do this, have just set up mine...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now