Talk

Advanced search

Never done my SfA in January before - how is it different rom Sept?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 10:28:32

Do I have to do complicate stuff?

I am unlikely to have much to pay & I am doing the under £68,000 one

I guess the site will be falling over all the time confused

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 11:13:11

bump

mranchovy Sun 16-Jan-11 14:27:49

Do you mean that you have done it on paper before, and are now doing it online?

It is basically the same. The first year was total chaos and they had to allow an extension of the submission date, but now the site works reasonably well.

Make sure your account is activated as soon as you can, if you haven't yet got this sorted you are running out of time as it has to be done by post.

BeckyBendyLegs Sun 16-Jan-11 16:11:51

I always do mine in January (or at least DH does most of it).

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 16:24:04

Always done it on-line....paper frightens me

I've done it now but isn't there a thing about calculating your own tax if you do it late?

I didn't seem to have to do anything different

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 17:36:12

Anyone know how long Tax refunds take?

mranchovy Sun 16-Jan-11 22:08:33

No, the calculating your own tax thing was under the old system where you had until January to file your return on paper, but if you didn't file it by the end of October (or was it September?) you had to calculate it yourself.

Online filing calculates automatically whenever you do it - that is one reason they are so keen to get everyone to do it.

Refunds of overpaid tax for the previous year generally come through within a fortnight, often within a couple of days. If the refund is due to a reduced payment on account for the current year it can take a little longer.

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 22:12:09

No - it's an over payment

My last as my dad has made me redundant (31/1/10).....I used to do his paperwork

I earnt so much in 09-10 - a whole 44p an hour grin

I need to rethink this obviously wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: