Talk

Advanced search

Precedent document exchange

(5 Posts)
MarionCole Wed 01-Dec-10 21:57:22

Does anyone see a benefit in us setting up a little gang to swap precedent documents?

For example, I could really use an IR35 compliant contract! And I have access to loads of other draft templates that I could let people have.

mranchovy Thu 02-Dec-10 16:27:38

IR35 'compliance' is not worth much without someone's PII to back it up so I wouldn't recommend going down this route for that. Who owns the copyright on the other draft templates you have?

MarionCole Thu 02-Dec-10 18:33:12

You would go all 'compliance' on me, wouldn't you grin

I understand what needs to go into an IR35 contract, I just can't be arsed with actually writing one. Just like the documents that I have written (hence my copyright) that other people could possibly save time and effort with.

Never mind if you think it's a legal problem.

mranchovy Fri 03-Dec-10 00:10:58

Sorry, it must be in the blood grin

Personally I use a modified version of the engagement letter template provided by CIMA which, surprisingly, they have on the public section of their web site.

This is only suitable for providing services directly though, if you are subbing for a firm that has the client contract things are a lot harder and you have to go for a more direct approach (specifically addressing substitution, control and mutuality of obligation) as I am sure you are aware and you still retain some risk against the moving target of case law.

I am waiting to see if the Chancellor lives up to his promise to get rid of it.

Talkinpeace Fri 03-Dec-10 17:50:43

Join the PCG and they will provide you with one of theirs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now