Talk

Advanced search

Decent diary

(22 Posts)
shufflebum Tue 30-Nov-10 22:09:44

I'm self employed with one ds and am finding it hard to keep track of work and home/child appointments in a regular diary. Has anyone found a solution? I want a page a day and A5 size so it fits in my bag but other than that I'm not too fussy!

MarionCole Tue 30-Nov-10 22:11:27

Organised Mum do one, but to be honest I keep going back to my old faithful Moleskine. I try others but they all leave me unsatisfied!

MarionCole Tue 30-Nov-10 22:12:48

Or Smythson if you are feeling flush.

EightiesChick Tue 30-Nov-10 22:17:59

I like the Moleskine ones that are a week on one page and a lined note page opposite (for to do lists for the week). TBH I don't think anything's better than Moleskine so I'd just get their day to a page diary in your shoes.

shufflebum Tue 30-Nov-10 22:20:43

There isn't enough space in the OM one. I had the Little Bird Diary this year which was okay but they've discontinued it.
Definitely not feeling flush enough for Smythson grin, will have a look at Moleskine.

shufflebum Tue 30-Nov-10 22:45:58

Might have found one, not as much space as I'd like and not keen on the cover but it ticks the home and work box. here

shufflebum Tue 30-Nov-10 22:55:09

Scrap that it seems to have rubbish reviews in that it's flimsy and poorly made. Ho hum, think Moleskine is the way to go
Am talking to myself here so think I should go to bed!

MarionCole Tue 30-Nov-10 22:57:21

No you're not smile

lucy101 Tue 30-Nov-10 22:59:31

Moleskine are lovely (and a good price on Amazon I found).

duchesse Tue 30-Nov-10 23:05:43

I always find lovely shot satin ones in WHSmith meeting your exact requirements, and furthermore meeting my requirements that they be purple. Happy me. Must get next year's, thanks for reminding me. Page a day and A5 doesn't fit my bag but maybe yours is roomier...

TracyK Wed 01-Dec-10 10:17:48

I got the family pack for the Filofax - it has a page for a week - but spreads across the 2 sides and has 1 main column for me and then 5 smaller columns - which I use 1 for ds, 1 for dh and 1 for birthdays and just leave the others spare.

I haven't really found a use for the other bits of the pack but am resigned to passing them onto someone else and having to pay a premium for the diary pages I like. If you go to the filofax website - it has some decent photos of the inside of it for you to see.

shufflebum Wed 01-Dec-10 14:05:29

Marion grin
lucy Moleskine are definitely top of the list at the moment.
duchesse I did have a quick look in WHSmith but didn't see one that fitted the bill but it was quite a small shop so perhaps not the full range. I have had a spiral bound one from there before that couldn't hack the whole year before falling apart.
TracyK I always steer away from filofax because I associate them with my mum! She has always had one and is hideously disorganised and late for everything. Probably unfair to blame this on the Filofax though!

duchesse Wed 01-Dec-10 14:11:45

like this one, Shuffle.

shufflebum Wed 01-Dec-10 15:22:10

Definitely didn't see that one but am making a trip into town proper on Friday so wil have a shifty then. Thanks for taking the time to link. smile

Tee2072 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:14:56

Combination of the calendar on my iPhone and a fab app called 'Errands'.

And my iPhone definitely fits in my handbag. grin

TracyK Wed 01-Dec-10 17:22:21

www.filofax.co.uk/store/organiserdetails.asp?displ ay=&sizeId=3&rangeId=142&dsizeId=3

or you can get just the paper fill bit for £17 I think.

I like the filofax cos you don't have to move everything at the end of the year into another diary.

shufflebum Wed 01-Dec-10 18:24:18

Oh god Tracy that wasn't meant to be a dig at anyone for not linking, just read it back and realised it sounds a bit snidey sorry! blush

TracyK Thu 02-Dec-10 13:36:41

Oh it's ok - I didn't get that impression - I was just showing you how nice the filofax could be.

shufflebum Thu 02-Dec-10 19:53:35

Have just had a look Tracy, it would be perfect if only there was more space on the actual diary bit so I can write down my work appointments, the addresses and phone no of the places where I need to go etc etc.
Will report back if I find my holy grail!

Eddas Thu 02-Dec-10 20:12:37

I got one in poundland. I was struggling to find a page a day one that wasn't a ridiculous price and thought i'd look in there and to my shock they had one!

Talkinpeace Fri 03-Dec-10 17:53:33

A5 filofax ; week on two pages

and a google calendar with lots of settings
one colour is DH's public info for his website,
one colour is the private information related to his bookings
one colour is my work
one colour is family stuff

it seems to work and we've not forgotten to pick the kids up from school yet!

shufflebum Sun 05-Dec-10 21:00:57

grin Talkinpeace!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: