Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Allowance - quick question

(5 Posts)
Limelight Tue 09-Nov-10 22:11:39

To all of your self-employed maternity allowance claimers out there! grin Can you help me with a quick question?

Section 5.c of the claim form asks 'what dates were you registered as self-employed?' Do they mean within the test period, or do they mean more generally (so from the date I registered as self-employed with HMRC)?

I claimed maternity allowance after DS was born. You think I'd have kept a photocopy of that form but no.....

Thanks!

Limelightxx

mranchovy Wed 10-Nov-10 01:16:28

It is badly worded, they only need to know about what happened during the test period but I am sure that it would be fine if you put in a start date that is before the test period and/or enter the date you sign the form as the end date (providing that is true of course).

orangina Wed 10-Nov-10 01:24:26

I put in from the date I registered with HMRC. Was that correct? I have no idea, but I did get my maternity allowance.....

Good luck!

Helenagrace Wed 10-Nov-10 22:51:51

I was a sole trader when pg with ds and I think I put down the dates covered by me paying NI contributions.

geekygiraffe Thu 18-Nov-10 15:30:35

I put from when I registered as being self-employed, and then realised they meant the test period. So put two dates. Just got confirmation form through, so it obvs worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now