Talk

Advanced search

A bit of help please: online selling, legal terms and conditions, logos and doing trial runs of my service

(4 Posts)
BranchingOut Tue 09-Nov-10 12:39:36

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with a few questions. I am busy setting up my business - similar to a personal shopping service and so far I have been very busy making a website and putting in lots of thought about how it will work. The website is almost useable and I also have a facebook page ready and waiting.
So it is all becoming more real!

1) I want clients to pay for the services up front - I don't want to get into sending invoices or having outstanding payments. My idea was that they send me an email, we liaise over time/location and then I send them an invoice using paypal or another payment system. Is this a good way to do it?

2) I need to establish some terms and conditions. How have people done this? Is it ok to look at similar services and use the same wording?

3) I need a simple logo. I saw someone on here recommend a programme or site which helps you to design one.

4) I want to find some guinea-pigs to try it out and give me the chance to practice/get feedback. Any good ideas for recruiting these helpful souls?

Thanks.

TracyK Tue 09-Nov-10 17:07:56

Where are you located?

I guess Paypal is as easy as any as a payment method. Cheaper and simpler than setting up credit card options.

I'd look at similar services and use similar wordings - or google.

I'd advertise your need for guinea pigs on your facebook page or gumtree.

BranchingOut Tue 09-Nov-10 18:54:41

Thanks, bumping up.

Any suggestions for logo?

Novascotia33 Wed 10-Nov-10 20:00:53

try peopleperhour.com for a logo, you name your price and they'll freelancers will put in bids and you choose.

Also I cannot think of the name of it (anyone?) but there's a skills swap website, where you could offer your services in return for a logo perhaps?

You should ask on here for guinea-pigs, is it a styling service you're offering, I'm sure lots of ladies might like a free go? Maybe you could ask on the local boards.

I'd definitely use some terms and conditions from someone elses similar business, or cherry pick what you like from similar businesses to form your own T&C, I think that's what most people do when they're starting out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now