Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Fostering and Housing

(3 Posts)
zeee Thu 09-Oct-08 21:06:02

I am interested in fostering - at the moment dp and I live in a two bed Housing Association flat. However, the second bedroom is very small, really only big enough for a single bed and chest of drawers, though comfortable for a nursery with a cot/toddler bed. Would this be ok? Also, would the council be likely to rehouse us to a bigger flat so we could foster siblings?

BabyBaby123 Fri 10-Oct-08 20:47:13

afaik the council will only house establish foster carers (with years, not months experience) - otherwise i think their worry would be a lot of people would apply, get re housed and then resign

Marne Fri 10-Oct-08 20:56:57

Hi, i know a woman who fosters Africain children through a Africain fostering agancy. She lives in a 3 bedroom council house, they house up to 4 children at once, 3 share a small room using a bunk bed. The council will not give her anywhere bigger sad

As babybaby said if they rehoused people that foster alot of people would try it on to get somewhere bigger.

Im sure a small bedroom in a nice enviroment is a lot better than some conditions these poor children have lived in. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now