Talk

Advanced search

Me and my babu is foster care and they want to do a hair alcohol test on me

(3 Posts)
karch Tue 26-Feb-19 15:30:34

I'm in care with my baby and the court decided to do a alcohol test on me. I have been drinking but never as much so I can not look after my son, I have agreed to stop drinking and getting help drinking. When they take my hair will see the alcohol I have drunk and what will happen after this ?

Didn't no what topic to put in under so I just put it under fostering.

OP’s posts: |
BartonHollow Tue 26-Feb-19 15:38:18

Are you in a Mother and Baby Placement OP?

Have those who support you told you why it is being done and what the consequences are?

I would imagine it would show up on the test, even if you weren't drunk, yes

Are you breastfeeding?

LightDrizzle Tue 26-Feb-19 15:40:19

A quick Google tells me that hair samples give information about alcohol consumption over the past 3 to 6 months, depending on the length of the hair sample.
Good luck with tackling your drink problem. I think the consensus is that total abstinence is the only safe and effective response to alcoholism, but I’m no expert on that.
Do your health/ support workers know you have been drinking? If you have been following their advice then you have nothing to worry about. However if you have told them you stopped drinking x weeks ago and the samples indicate otherwise, then it will be a red flag and indicate denial on your part. They will however be used to this.
You need to work with them and hold nothing back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in