Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

LAC and SGO children

(3 Posts)
kazznanna Tue 12-Jun-18 20:29:40

I currently have my granddaughter under an SGO and my great nephew under a LAC. I have recently taken on my nephew (Feb) and was told that as the children are not related they could not share a bedroom. The social workers told us we had to move to a 3 bed house. I have been offered the perfect property for the kids (lots of green) but the house I am currently in is small so none of the carpets or curtains will fit. I was told that ss would help towards the cost of replacements but was told most definatly not? who is right, any advise greatly received.

kazznanna Tue 12-Jun-18 20:37:19

I was also told that my nephew (LAC) would be placed into nursery or with child minders while I move (He is not allowed unsupervised contact with mat/paternal family) they have now told me that I will have to put him in nursery 7 miles away (there is one right over the road) and I will have to pay for 3 days minimum I will only need him there for the 1 day.

KatyP1975 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:05:10

Whatever you are promised you need to get in writing and if possible from the Principal Manager

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: