Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Can I work and foster?

(5 Posts)
Caulk Sat 07-Apr-18 11:36:56

I’m beginning to tentatively explore fostering, having been thinking about it for a number of years.

I’d be fostering as a single woman, and wondered whether I could work pt whilst fostering/between placements or if it was better to leave my job.

Currently ft in a flexible role, and work would be supportive if I wanted to keep some hours.

pinktransit Sat 07-Apr-18 11:49:59

I think it would depend on what age range you were looking at.
Also as a single woman working ft, I looked into fostering, but the general advice was that you needed to be at home.
I have gone on to Supported Lodgings, and currently have a 17 yr old with me. I still work full time, and most appointments are arranged to suit me - LAC reviews are at my home usually in the afternoon so I can take a half day etc.

Zeze247 Sat 07-Apr-18 11:55:05

You may be able too if you’re really flexible and very part time through locally authority most private agencies will want you to be available full time. You could also register to do respite to start

Caulk Sat 07-Apr-18 12:10:19

Thanks, this is helpful. I hadn’t considered supported lodgings so maybe that’s something to look into as well

nicenewone1 Wed 18-Apr-18 18:55:39

I work part time and foster teens. I do like to get out while they are at school or college.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: