Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Adoption leave from fostering

(3 Posts)
Owlie12346 Fri 09-Feb-18 20:45:46

Has anyone had more than one placement and adopted one, and had to stop the other ones placement because you've been made to take adoption leave? My understanding is that adoption leave is to ensure that you are at home with the child in order to build the attachment but if you work from home anyway and already know the child then is it still the adoption leave still needed? Especially if self-employed not employed

Ted27 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:03:55

just to add another perspective. My son was with his FC for 4 years. I met him in March, the family had already by March decided they wanted to adopt the child that came to them in October, ie about 6 months.

I can't imagine the impact on my son in terms of him not being the 'chosen' one and having to hear this child calling them mum and dad, and their birth child sister. He would have to have been moved

Owlie12346 Sat 10-Feb-18 11:19:15

Oh definitely my other placement will be going back to birth mum as soon as her medical treatment is over in around 4 months and grandparents have him and her at weekends so luckiky woulnt be a problem in this case smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: