Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Contact for Foster Children

(5 Posts)
mellismum Thu 09-Nov-17 09:26:01

I usually foster teenagers, however at the moment I am caring for 3 children 3, 7 and 9. I have to supervise contact with their parents now. Im looking for ideas for places we could go especially as the weather is getting colder etc.

We have been going to one of those 'Wacky Warehouse type places" but its getting a bit boring. Park is great they dont mind the cold but if its raining thats no good.

Contact is every 6 weeks for each parent.

Thanks in advance

Cassimin Thu 09-Nov-17 14:40:05

We go swimming or mc Donald's.
I don't like to go to play areas as I think the children just go off and do their own thing and don't get a chance to interact with their parents.
We do parks too but as you said it's getting a bit cold now.
Depends on the parents but sometimes we meet at smyths or toys r us and parents can buy them a little toy.

Kitsandkids Thu 09-Nov-17 22:01:56

In my area the parents get to choose where to go. For my two boys they usually go to a soft play area or bowling or McDonald's.

RicottaPancakes Fri 17-Nov-17 19:04:20

How about one of those "ceramic cafes" where you paint a bowl or something to take home?

calamityjam Fri 17-Nov-17 19:08:04

I don't know where you live but something like the MOSI in Manchester. The kids all love it and they get to interact with the parents and you can take a packed lunch. Its a cheap day out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now