Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Medical booked

(5 Posts)
Desperatedaisy Thu 23-Feb-17 10:28:21

Eeek, getting a bit real now. The agency has just asked us to make a doctors app for a medical check.

What do they check? Do they drug test? I read a while ago on mn that some employers ask for a really invasive medical and im worried grin

Any ideas of what will happen at the doctos appointment?

Garnethair Fri 24-Feb-17 07:49:53

Blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and a general chat.

EnglishIrishRose Fri 24-Feb-17 22:13:58

Yeah they just filled in a big form with us, pretty standard questions and a full body checkup (general poking around and seeing if your limbs work). Weight, height, blood pressure yada yada. No invasive tests for us anyway.

Flower20166 Sat 25-Feb-17 14:08:18

No invasive tests for me either. It was really quite quick, weight, blood pressure etc. They also booked me in to get my hep B vaccine.

bexollie Wed 01-Mar-17 01:25:22

It's only to check if you are in good general health and have no issues that could impact on the life of a child, disabled people can foster but for eg if someone is very overweight then this can not always cause health problems and it can mean the person may not have a good diet which then could be the same for a child . However this doesn't rule them out ,the sw would have to see they were trying to make some changes. It's just a basic medical. Please don't worry about that as the questions during assessment and firm filling is invasive so it's just something that's necessary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now