Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Transfering from IFA to LA

(4 Posts)
BrownJenkins Wed 01-Feb-17 19:23:41

I am thinking of transferring from my agency to the local authority.
Has anyone done this, and if so, was it a simple process?
Also, how long does the transfer normally take?
Thanks in advance

willowrose30 Wed 01-Feb-17 20:09:30

We just did this about six months ago. You have to go through the vetting process again but we didn't find it as intrusive. It helps if you have a copy of your initial assessment. We transferred over with a child already in placement. It takes minimum requirements monhs but you don't need to leave the agency until you have finished the assessment with the LA you would only be able to take children under the same LA from the agency to transfer over to them. If you have any specific questions let me know and I will see if I can help. Goodluck.

BrownJenkins Wed 01-Feb-17 20:41:10

Willowrose, thank you for your reply, it was very helpful.
There is a shortage of available placements within my agency yet they are still recruiting new carers.
I will ring the LA and get the ball rolling.
Thanks again :D

millmz Tue 14-Feb-17 09:55:57

It wont be any different with LA, i work for them and have not had a placement in 4 months but they say there is still a shortage. i am an experienced carer but all i ever get offered is older teenagers who i have had for the the last 4yrs and wanted to go back to under 11's . Apparently no kids in this age range have come into care!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now