Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

placement wait

(4 Posts)
mandiii1975 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:48:33

My husband and I were approved by an agency 3 weeks ago. We have 4 birth children (One about to go to uni), worked with traumatized children for over 2 decades , have fostered before and have two large spare bedrooms. My sw says the wait for a placement might be months possibly even a year because funding is so tight with our local authority. I know the wait is unpredictable but our la has very few in house carers and many children in care so where are all these children going?
I'm so looking forward to fostering again. I still have contact with my previous foster daughter and my whole family still treat her as one of their own.

Tanclarman123 Sat 15-Oct-16 23:06:19

We were approved in July for our la. We still don't have a placement. We have been told we are the only vacant ones in our area. Had a couple of referrals but they ended up staying in their area. Good luck, come back and let me know how u get on! Xx

mandiii1975 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:48:24

wow. I can't believe an la foster carer has had to wait that long.

Flower20166 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:21:36

Would you consider changing to your LA? That would improve your chances of getting a placement if they have very few in house carers. Unless there's a reason they have very few!!
Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now