Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

SGO / care arrangement order

(5 Posts)
disneymum3 Tue 12-Jul-16 20:29:58

My niece was placed into my care just before Christmas last year.
Our social worker is now asking us to get a SGO or a care arrangement order to secure a permanent arrangement. Which we are happy to do.
I was wondering if anyone has any information that will help me? Thank you.

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Tue 12-Jul-16 20:34:45

Well they should have a team who will assess you and support you all through the process - have you got a social worker allocated to do it yet?

disneymum3 Sun 17-Jul-16 23:16:16

We have just got a new social worker a month or so back as the last one has gone off on sick and they don't know when he is coming back. We went through some assessments when my niece first came to live with us. At the last CP meeting we were asked to get a lawyer to sort out getting a SGO or CAO and our social worker was told to talk to there financial department to sort out helping us financially. We are still waiting to hear back from her.

Peapodgirls Tue 10-Oct-17 22:52:51

Hi looking for advice, my 3 girls are looked after under a section 20 by my mam and step dad, had a review meeting yesterday and sw have asked them to apply for a SGO, I really don’t want this and neither does my daughter who is 10. I use to drink a lot but not anymore I have a good job and lovely clean house. What Can I do?

kittensinmydinner1 Wed 11-Oct-17 05:27:40

Peapodgirls you need to post this as a new thread, rather than asking a question in someone else’s.
Try ‘Legal ‘ lots of very knowledgeable family lawyers there who can advise.

OP try posting in legal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: