Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Panel Tomorrow- dream last night

(11 Posts)
flamingnoravera Tue 24-May-16 13:21:32

I am going to panel tomorrow. Last night I spent the night dreaming of being in an underground bunker full of social workers and children all of whom seemed to have some kind of uniform of dark knitted garments. I on the other hand had been told I could not wear any underwear to this event. I felt "exposed" and then when (in the dream) the head of Social Services burst into tears because I was being considered for panel I shrank away and hid. Does this bode well for my panel at midday tomorrow do you all think? smile

motherchuckinhen16 Tue 24-May-16 14:33:47

Yes, I think so as I heard dreams are always the opposite of what they appear. I was very nervous going to panel but I needn't have been as it all went well and they are a nice bunch of people. Any specific concerns you should know of before you go in and your sw will also tell you beforehand the questions they have so you can prepare your answers. Good luck

willowrose30 Tue 24-May-16 20:20:52

Good luck with panel.
I'm certain you will be fine. Remember to put your underwear on and if they are all in knitted uniform turn and run. Haha.
It will have just been your nerves coming out. Think of the panel as the final formalities, relax and answer any questions with honesty and confidence, remember you wouldnt have gotten this far if they weren't sure about you.
Let us know how you get on.

flamingnoravera Tue 24-May-16 22:24:59

Thanks, it's been interesting reflecting on the dream. I think it was a clear link into my feelings of my stuff being laid bare in the midst of children with dark past experiences. I just hope there are no tears tho.

I feel pretty well prepared, I will report back afterwards. Next stop, a child in my home again, I really hope so smile. I can't wait to start, but I am also so very nervous about the first meeting.

BigBlueBookcase Wed 25-May-16 11:39:35

Good luck today flamingnoravera. I was approved in March, still waiting...like you, excited but nervous... smile

flamingnoravera Wed 25-May-16 18:45:06

Well I am now approved as a TFCO foster carer! (Subject to ratification). Nearly a year of assessment meetings later I went to panel today and was approved with no reservations.

Phew!

elfish Thu 26-May-16 19:02:06

Congratulations, welcome to the club!!!

flamingnoravera Thu 26-May-16 19:22:14

Thanks Elf!

willowrose30 Thu 26-May-16 19:51:23

Congratulations!!! smile smile

flamingnoravera Fri 27-May-16 13:44:06

So my next steps are...

Wait a bit longer to be ratified
Attend some courses and training
Take my first children for respite to ease me in.

Now it's all final I want to run away and hide! But of course I wont. Respite to ease me in seems like a sensible and gentle way to start.

Peach123plum Sat 28-May-16 19:37:37

Although they might not stick to that.My ease in, ended up being two children under two. Shattered but after a week think starting to get to grips with two children who yell a lot.Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now