Talk

Advanced search

Hertfordshire

(9 Posts)
willowrose30 Fri 12-Feb-16 12:11:51

Hiya. Anyone foster for Herts local authority. Thinking about moving over from an IFA. Hoping to pick someones brains first if possible.
Thanks all.

OP’s posts: |
FosteringMummy2 Wed 24-Feb-16 14:30:14

Sorry - can't help here! Have you thought of using an agency?

willowrose30 Wed 24-Feb-16 14:32:48

We are currently with an agency and thinking of moving across to the LA. Have spoken to them now so have a bit more info. Just seems like a massive palarva to start the whole process again, shame there isn't an easier way to transfer over.
Thanks for the reply.

Pricklefish Sat 19-Mar-16 22:38:18

I am also considering this. Fed up with the extreme cases the IFA's get.
Anyone from Herts have some advice?

willowrose30 Tue 19-Apr-16 14:33:43

I have just started the process to move over from agency to LA. Early stages.
Thought I would bump the post see if any Herts carers around for some advice before we go further.
Did you take the plunge prickle fish?

Flower20166 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:29:11

Is there no way your agency can transfer your form F to the LA?
A couple of carers I know moved from an agency to my LA and they didn't have to do the Form F again. They did however still need to attend my LA's skills to foster training and a few home visits, but taking the form F out of the equation cut down a lot or time.

willowrose30 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:36:45

Hiya. Your absolutley right. I'm lucky that I still have a copy of my form f so that should speed things up. Will still have to redo the skills course as it was over 2 years ago I did it. Will also need another medical and references etc which is no big deal.
Hopefully it will only take a month or two to complete and our fc will still in placement so not a big upheaval hopefully.
I was hoping to get some info about the local authority, how people how found them and any concerns etc.

Flower20166 Wed 20-Apr-16 22:09:36

Ah that's good then! It would have been a nightmare having to do your whole form F again!! I wish I could help but I'm at the opposite end of the country. Good luck though smile

willowrose30 Thu 21-Apr-16 08:20:36

Thankyou. Appreciate the reply. smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in