Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Hertfordshire

(9 Posts)
willowrose30 Fri 12-Feb-16 12:11:51

Hiya. Anyone foster for Herts local authority. Thinking about moving over from an IFA. Hoping to pick someones brains first if possible.
Thanks all.

FosteringMummy2 Wed 24-Feb-16 14:30:14

Sorry - can't help here! Have you thought of using an agency?

willowrose30 Wed 24-Feb-16 14:32:48

We are currently with an agency and thinking of moving across to the LA. Have spoken to them now so have a bit more info. Just seems like a massive palarva to start the whole process again, shame there isn't an easier way to transfer over.
Thanks for the reply.

Pricklefish Sat 19-Mar-16 22:38:18

I am also considering this. Fed up with the extreme cases the IFA's get.
Anyone from Herts have some advice?

willowrose30 Tue 19-Apr-16 14:33:43

I have just started the process to move over from agency to LA. Early stages.
Thought I would bump the post see if any Herts carers around for some advice before we go further.
Did you take the plunge prickle fish?

Flower20166 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:29:11

Is there no way your agency can transfer your form F to the LA?
A couple of carers I know moved from an agency to my LA and they didn't have to do the Form F again. They did however still need to attend my LA's skills to foster training and a few home visits, but taking the form F out of the equation cut down a lot or time.

willowrose30 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:36:45

Hiya. Your absolutley right. I'm lucky that I still have a copy of my form f so that should speed things up. Will still have to redo the skills course as it was over 2 years ago I did it. Will also need another medical and references etc which is no big deal.
Hopefully it will only take a month or two to complete and our fc will still in placement so not a big upheaval hopefully.
I was hoping to get some info about the local authority, how people how found them and any concerns etc.

Flower20166 Wed 20-Apr-16 22:09:36

Ah that's good then! It would have been a nightmare having to do your whole form F again!! I wish I could help but I'm at the opposite end of the country. Good luck though smile

willowrose30 Thu 21-Apr-16 08:20:36

Thankyou. Appreciate the reply. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now