Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

HOLIDAY BLUES, DOGS AND OFSTED

(11 Posts)
ThisWayUp22 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:27:29

I love this blog:

blueskyfostering.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2015-01-01T00:00:00Z&updated-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00Z&max-results=50

Anyone else follow it?

wonderpants Wed 22-Jul-15 20:00:09

Reads more like an advert for an IFA really!
But I really don't get blogs at all. I find them self indulgent twaddle!

scarlet5tyger Wed 22-Jul-15 20:20:11

2 links to the same blog within half an hour? Are you the blogger perchance?? hmm

ThisWayUp22 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:59:06

That's a shame, wonderpants! It's just someone expressing themselves. You don't have to read it!

No, scarlet5tyger, I'm not the blogger at all, it's just that if you find something you find interesting, you want to share it with others.

Hope you both have a good day.

OnlyTheDepthVaries Thu 23-Jul-15 09:24:48

Morning, ThisWay,
Thank-you for thinking of us MNers - I used your link and had a read.
Very enjoyable - new subject area for me.
So, both you and I (positive people) will have a nice day!

ThisWayUp22 Thu 23-Jul-15 10:05:24

Thank you, OnlyTheDepthVaries, it's lovely to hear from you and I'm pleased you enjoyed the blog.

Yes, let's 'keep our sunny side up'!

smile

scarlet5tyger Thu 23-Jul-15 12:49:00

Yes you're right ThisWayUp, I can be too cynical for my own good sometimes.

It wasn't the post you linked to that made me agree with Wonderpants though, it was looking through some of the other days the "foster carer" had written about. Each post contained numerous glowing references to Blue Sky Fostering (their agency) and how the agency couldn't have done more for them. Yes, I've already admitted being cynical but I don't know ANY genuine carer - with an agency OR a local authority - who doesn't have a single bad thing to say about their agency/LA EVER! Maybe Cathy Glass is their secret "foster carer".

It's a shame really because a genuine, warts and all account of foster caring really could be useful. There was a post on here a while ago where lots of carers posted their own "day in the life..." and they were very different to the ones I've just read!

ThisWayUp22 Thu 23-Jul-15 13:13:07

Ah, I understand now, scarlet.

That's fair enough and I can see where you're coming from. I was more interested in the actual day to day life of a foster carer and thought this one was fairly unique and, for the most part, upbeat.

....perhaps it is Cathy Glass....or perhaps Blue Sky Fostering is as good as they say. Looking back at their website, Ofsted obviously thinks they're pretty good, with three Outstandings to their name!

Let's hope, for the sake of their foster carers and the children in their care, that they are.

stressstressystress Thu 23-Jul-15 18:45:20

I'm with you scarlet, i think it is very jolly jolly and not warts and all. The blog is actually on the agency website.

I would think if it is a real life blog then mentioning the agency so frequently would be pretty identifying. I wouldn't imagine that have hundreds of carers, so one carer writing would be easily identified, perhaps it is manufactured blog with lots of foster carer experiences - but only the good bits!

I also don't think its particularly well written, it doesn't really grab me but then I am extremely cynical after over 20 years of fostering.

Scramblebrain Thu 23-Jul-15 22:44:56

It's an ad. My agency does similar. It's a bit cringe.

totallyoutofpractice Tue 28-Jul-15 16:39:17

Scarlet, stresss and Scramble and wonderpants, I think you're missing the point of this blog. Isn't it just another way to get the message out there that there are kids in need, that they come with baggage and that fostering isn't just drudge and chores.
Cynical you may be, but you can't deny the fact that fostering saves lives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now