Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Trauma Advisory Panel

(5 Posts)
twinkie81 Thu 15-Jan-15 12:25:44

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone was able to offer any experience or advice? We are going to trauma advisory panel for our LG who appears to be being retraumatised every time she goes to contact in order to gain some advice on how best to help her to manage her emotions and feelings following contact. Has anyone been to one of these? What should we expect to happen at the panel? What type of recommendations may they make? Thanks very much for your help.

JacobMalloy02 Fri 16-Jan-15 09:15:39

I have never heard of a trauma advisory panel. My view would be contact should be re-assessed to see if it is in the best interest of the young person if she is so traumatised after it. Whose interest is contact serving?

fasparent Fri 16-Jan-15 15:36:27

Is usual a panel of Professional , Medical, Consultant's, CAMHS, Social Care workers. Who will have pooled knowledge, of such things which effect looked after children, Trauma, has many triggers and reason's.
Similar panels are set up too assess Trauma outside of child protection
accidents, work association, long term conditions etc.

fasparent Fri 16-Jan-15 15:43:26

If it is contact reasons these will be addressed by Family Court in the best interest of the child.

fasparent Fri 16-Jan-15 16:24:05

Seam's like they(ss) are looking at professional reasons .
Judges are now very careful with contact issues due too recent cases
hence the fall in approved adoptions (47%). and less cases in the family court's.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: