Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Christmas Day contact

(9 Posts)
wonderpants Sun 21-Dec-14 10:43:48

I was wondering how many of us were asked to do this?

cazzmags Sun 21-Dec-14 14:42:25

None I hope, please tell me you've not been asked to shock

wonderpants Sun 21-Dec-14 14:47:52

Oh yes, with a 50 mile round trip!!

scarlet5tyger Sun 21-Dec-14 20:01:45

Ask if the child's social worker is willing to transport. I suspect the panned contact will suddenly change!

scarlet5tyger Sun 21-Dec-14 20:02:13

Planned! not panned!

Kitsandkids Sun 21-Dec-14 21:55:25

As far as I am aware this never happens in my LA. My 2 FC have contact with one parent on Tuesday and the other parent on Christmas Eve but we have them to ourselves on Christmas Day.

NanaNina Mon 22-Dec-14 13:24:54

This is ridiculous and entirely inappropriate. Refuse to do it wonderpants - what could possibly be the reason for this contact......what age are the children. Sounds to me like the sw is too afraid to tell the parents "Sorry NO - foster carers have a right to spend Christmas day with their own family."

wonderpants Mon 22-Dec-14 14:51:38

It was a sibling contact, I do think it would be lovely for LO to see her siblings on Christmas Day, it is their first in care and it is such a shame they couldn't be placed together in the first place.

The other foster carers have refused though.

riveravon23 Mon 22-Dec-14 18:53:48

Yes, we too have been asked to transport for a sibling contact. 40 miles each way, for an hour. We refused to take them as we have children/grandchildren/grandparents to cater for at home. SW was very stroppy and trying to insist we had to, as taxis were too expensive, but we put our foot down and have made a private arrangement for the children to Skype each other. We are now VERY unpopular with CS, and sadly feel the children involved may be moved to carers who are more willing to do as they are told.

Have to say for the children's themselves, spending two hours in a car isn't the best way to spend Christmas Day either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now