Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Said the wrong thing!!!!!

(8 Posts)
Catfriend Thu 20-Sep-12 07:38:57

Just been on the second day of the "skills to foster" course, it was very interesting indeed. We were doing group work and role play and I just know I said the wrong answer to the question!!!!!! The SW said there is no right or wrong answer's but I still feel like I said the wrong thingsad will me saying the wrong answer jepordise my chances of fostering!!!!

SimplyTes Thu 20-Sep-12 07:48:18

Nope, unless it was truly awful thing you said. In our group we learnt that one of the potential fc hit their children, they were simply told this was unacceptable and agreed not to hit their fc. It is all a learning curve and they probably appreciated your effort in answering a question. Do not fret, if not convinced have a word with relevant sw. Good luck

scarlet5tyger Thu 20-Sep-12 09:30:20

Try not to worry, these courses are designed to make you over analyse things I think.

There was a man on mine who said he didn't like children! What he meant was he and his wife were looking to foster older teens because they didn't like the fuss and sleepless nights of babies and toddlers (I bet he's learnt now that teens come with just as much fuss and sleepless nights!). It still makes me laugh even now! And yes, they were both approved and have been fostering many years now.

Fishwife1949 Thu 20-Sep-12 13:40:39

Yes i have a funny story from my prep

One guy i think he was from a middle eastern country and we were talking about gay adopters, gay parents , gay sw that sort of thing and he looked up and said gay what is this gay what to men living together, just like my brother and my dad yes we are a gay family to

He reslly didnt understand the topic and every one burst out laughing the sw and to cut for a brake

They were approved and we still giggle about this now

Catfriend Fri 21-Sep-12 16:33:36

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments you have all made me feel much bettersmile I hadn't read a question right and gave the total wrong answer!!!!!! I think I was worrying about nothing my emotions are all over with questions. I'm on my last day of the skills to foster course tmrw does anyone know what I should expect?!!!

Catfriend Sun 23-Sep-12 10:05:29

Well my course is all finished now, what do I do now??!!!!!!

Fishwife1949 Mon 24-Sep-12 10:47:07

Relax and take stock

Catfriend Mon 24-Sep-12 19:20:23

Fishwife1949

RELAX I wish I could ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now