Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Tax question.

(3 Posts)
MissVerinder Thu 04-Aug-11 11:01:05

I have been working part time until we got our placement. I will continue to be paid until September (took vol. redundancy) and the amount I will be paid from work in total (April to September) will be less than my personal allowance. Will I be able to claim the tax back? We only have one FD at the moment, and for the forseeable future, so I don't think we'll go over the 10k £250 a week rule.

If I can, how do I claim it?

Flippin' tax, complicated much?

Juey1 Fri 05-Aug-11 10:31:03

I would def phone them up hun, my partner worked for 6 months before he gave up work to look after our little one (at the time I had to return back to full time work) at the end of the tax year he got 600 odd back :-) Good luck xx

MissVerinder Fri 05-Aug-11 13:42:42

Thanks juey, will do. I didn't want to make a fool of myself! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: