Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Are people who fosters classed as a "Key worker"

(3 Posts)
demo Mon 11-Jul-11 17:51:56

My Housing association sent out a letter today telling all the tenants that they are planning to demolish the block of flats that we live in ( not before time ).
I have to go on the housing list again and as we are about to be demolished here it gives us a priority on the list, but "Key workers" go up even higher on the list. Its not just nurses, policemen fire service etc that are classed as"key workers " social workers and qualified nursery nurses, classroom assistants even post office workers. but nothing about foster carers.

lalabaloo Mon 11-Jul-11 21:23:46

I think you should ring the housing association to query it, and probably ask your social worker too. At the end of the day, if you are a foster carer you are providing a home for a child too and they should take this into consideration

edam Mon 11-Jul-11 21:27:05

yy do contact the housing association and your social worker - I know some local authorities put foster carers at the top of the list for housing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now