Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

first placement completed.

(9 Posts)
SquidgyBrain Thu 23-Jun-11 19:14:38

Our LO was returned today by the Children's panel.

Feeling really conflicted as I have serious concerns about his returning home, but I did also feel that it has gotten to the point this little one needs stability, and needs to be in one place, so in balance I think it was his best interests that was met today, he was placed on the child protection register yesterday, and is still on a supervision order.

So that is that, 30 weeks exactly today since he arrived

Looking forwards to our next challenge

SenSationsMad Thu 23-Jun-11 20:14:04

Have a nice relaxing night tonight, and pat yourself and yours on the back for a job well done.

And here's wishing you the best of luck with your next placement wine

p99gmb Thu 23-Jun-11 21:04:02

Dear Squidge.. I was only thinking of you today and wondering how it was going - especially after your last post about his behaviour following contact.

I don't know what emotion to add... all of them I suppose..??

Well done on being a stabling influence in his life for those 30 weeks.. you did exactly what a foster carer is supposed to do and today you let him go..

As someone who hasn't gone through this YET.. I wanted to ask..
do you think you'll wonder what happens to him (as in like a million times a day for the rest of your life)?
will you ever not worry for him?
do you feel immediately ready for the next LO?
How do you let go?

Maybe not having my own LO's it'll be harder for me... I just worry it'll be too painful and I can't carry on sad

wine cheers
x x x x

ps - please let us know when you get your next placement.. be really interesting to know how long you 'have' to wait.. x x

shaz298 Fri 24-Jun-11 10:40:31

Hi Squidgy,

You are bound to be feeling lots of different emotions. But definitely take the time to reflect on the positives you brought to this little person's life.

Am hoping that th emove home for him is stable and that his parents can manage well and he can stay there.

Take this short time (as I'm sure it will be short) to relax and recharge, ready for the next adventure which awaits.

xxx

MissVerinder Fri 24-Jun-11 16:01:03

Hey Squidgy.

Would just like to say a big well done to you, and a little hug.

SquidgyBrain Fri 24-Jun-11 17:04:41

P99

I went up to his home today to take his belonging up, and he was happy and smiling, also running about in sandals that are 2 or 3 sizes too big, but I just smiled and said nothing about the. I am thinking a lot about him but have the peace of mind that I have done everything and if the SWD didn't want to listen to me, it certainly isn't me that has done anything wrong. There are safe guards in place for him, and I have to just trust the system.

It did look like we were going to have a new placement arrive yesterday at one point, but that hasn't worked out. Apart from having to get equipment sorted out - depending on age we are all ready to go again smile

If I am totally honest I never really took to this LO, I did my best for him and his needs always came first, but I did find it hard to deal with him at times, so in this case it was easy to let go, although I am feeling a bit upset and emotional today, so I can only imagine how much harder it will be when we have a placement that gets right under my skin.

My gut feeling is he will end up being adopted. I think sooner or later things are going to slip again and his parents have been told that there will be no further rehab if he is removed again. I hope that I am wrong.

Shaz - thanks for your lovely words smile How are you getting on with all the paperwork?

MissV - thanks smile

shaz298 Fri 24-Jun-11 17:08:07

Paperwork is done and dusted ( I'm told). Official letter should be coming out tomorrow re approval.

They've kept it really broad - approved 0-18, for respite, short term, long term and permanent but with particular note that matching must be of the utmost for Luuk's sake.......can't wait smile

SquidgyBrain Fri 24-Jun-11 19:35:06

fantastic news Shaz keep us posted smile

mumsiepie Fri 24-Jun-11 21:21:39

Well done Squidgy, You deserve a rest now instead of going straight into another placement! Glad he was happy when you visited; it would have been hard otherwise, wouldn't it?

It's not east when you don't really take to a child. I have had both and at the moment (well for last 13 months) have had a lo I am so attatched to. His adoption (just decided) will be hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now