Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Review panel

(7 Posts)
anji9012 Fri 17-Jun-11 14:01:55

We are due to go for our 1st review panel next week. Do we need to take evidence of what we have achieved during this time?

We have 1 placement, they are still with us 10 months on.

What do I need to expect?

scarlet5tyger Fri 17-Jun-11 16:17:43

Hi, I'm assuming a review panel is the same as an annual review? Mine always take place in my home and are quite informal chats, but always conducted by senior managers. It gives me chance to raise any problems and check that things are running okay.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - think of it as a rare chance to get some praise on what a good job you're doing!

MissVerinder Fri 17-Jun-11 18:20:38

We had our Panel today, and on the sheet, there were some annual reviews- they were scheduled in for 5 minutes each! I wouldn't worry, but if you have things like photos/lifebook I would take them if FC says you can.

maypole1 Sat 18-Jun-11 09:57:07

Yes don't worry to much your sw would out line your achievements if they think you have done well it's really informal not the same as panel we were all eating cake at mine with hot chocolate.

They will ask you how you think you are doing Ect Ect

YOU WILL BE FINE

anji9012 Sun 19-Jun-11 21:30:11

Thank you all,

it is the trip into the unknown that worries me. We are building to the resolution court case, so there is a lot going on.hmm

anji9012 Tue 21-Jun-11 15:20:34

Hi

Just to say there is nothing scary about the experience, all it was was our achievements. grin

MissVerinder Thu 23-Jun-11 17:43:26

Brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now