Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Panel- Approved

(13 Posts)
MissVerinder Fri 17-Jun-11 12:28:36

We're so happy! After a long process, we've been approved. Yay! Thanks for all your support, will be on here loads more soon!

hester Fri 17-Jun-11 12:39:37

Congratulations smile

p99gmb Fri 17-Jun-11 13:14:20

Woo Hoo !! Well Done wine

What age range and how many? Bet you start jumping when the phone rings now!! grin

MissVerinder Fri 17-Jun-11 18:18:50

We're approved for any age, but being as HRH is 3, we'll be matched accordingly; any ethnicity, and 1 or 2 if it's same sex siblings. Apparently there are lots of LO's looking for foster families in our area, so I think it's a case of the Placement worker doing the visit, and then we're on!

p99gmb Fri 17-Jun-11 20:02:17

gosh.. a "placement worker"... they sound as rare as rocking horse poo...

we had 20 mins to get back home before the SW arrived with them...

sounds really good in theory... grin

MissVerinder Fri 17-Jun-11 22:13:24

p99- wow! I'm hoping we get someone soon. They just want to double check the room and things- we didnt get a final visit before the Panel, as our ASW was really ill. Can't wait.

Juey1 Mon 20-Jun-11 11:02:46

Congrats hun- we too were approved last week :-) great isn't it xx

MissVerinder Mon 20-Jun-11 15:34:49

Our SSW is coming in a minute to have a look around! We're all on the sofa- really nervous!

Lonnie Wed 22-Jun-11 21:33:56

how did it go?

MissVerinder Thu 23-Jun-11 17:39:42

It went really well thanks! I think she was pleased with the house and everything. Just waiting for a placement now.

shortbread37 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:25:52

Congratulations....just wondering if anyone has advice on the portfolios required for the assessment...we have panel in August and I need to hand in the portfolio tomorrow....just getting a bit worried about what stuff I should be putting in

Rubyx Fri 15-Jul-11 10:47:06

Congratulations on getting through.. Have you had a placement yet? We have finally got our panel date for week after next.. getting nervous. How did you find it?

MissVerinder Fri 15-Jul-11 14:10:54

We have got a placement, she's lovely x

Panel was nerve cracking, but short!

Good luck, Rubyx x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now