Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Just want to say hi :-)

(12 Posts)
Juey1 Sat 28-May-11 08:29:07

Hi there, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hi to everyone. We have just gonbe through the fostering assesment and waiting to go to panel on 15th June (my bday as well yikes). We have a 21 year old boy with cerebal palsy and a 22 month old boy- I know mega gap lol. We have been accessed for up to 2 siblings between the ages 3-14. Really excited but so nervous about the panel x

p99gmb Sat 28-May-11 11:10:19

Well hello and welcome to the fostering forum... this is my lifeline - we were approved last August and received our two LO's 9 days later (my birthday!!) - they are still with us and are just amazing...

Good luck for the 15th... hope your birthday proves to be as special as mine was!!! grin

mumsiepie Sat 28-May-11 13:05:53

Hi Juey, It is no good telling you not to be nervous about the panel cos everyone is!! but really there is no need; they will be really nice to you! Remember they want you too!

Welcome to the forum x

psiloveyou Sat 28-May-11 17:03:06

Hi Juey and welcome.

I have a big age gap as well 22 - 3 years with 4 in between.

Good luck for panel try not to worry. It's very rare they say no when you have got this far smile

TulipsfromAmsterdam Sat 28-May-11 19:38:00

Hi
New here myself and nowhere near as far along as you, really just starting and finding the info here so helpful.
As for age gaps - my oldest is 29 years and youngest 5, 3 others in between!
Good luck with panel and hope to be able to look forward to it myself someday.

shaz298 Sun 29-May-11 08:49:12

Hi, Good luck and Happy Birthday on the 15th. xxx

Juey1 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:09:13

Hi sorry I haven't been on but been mega busy- just finished teacher placement yesterday. Had panel meeting today and yeahhhhhhhhhhhh we have been approved. Thank you for your kind messages will def be on here more :-)))))))))))))) xx

shaz298 Thu 16-Jun-11 09:49:40

Congratulations!!! xx

Rubyx Mon 25-Jul-11 22:46:28

Hi, Juey, congrats on getting through the process. We have panel tomorrow nervous and excited.....
How have you done since approval, got any kids yet or still waiting, have you met your permanent ( as can be) social worker yet?

Juey1 Tue 26-Jul-11 14:07:07

Hi Rubyx how did it go?

We are still waiting- their are a couple of kids that we know about we are lined up for but as there are 4 children 'management' are reluctant to take any action although I have heard the situ is dire at home. We went through the assesment with our permenant social worker which was really nice as we got to know her and her us. Let us know how you get on x

Rubyx Wed 27-Jul-11 07:56:51

so happy as we got approved.. our social worker was independant so not the permanent one. She was lovely and we will miss her... we met new one who seems nice but a quieter personality. ( that makes two of us now)
we have been approved for 2 kids and the panel did make a point that it could be anything upto 8 months to match someone to us ( we are indian) but then again it could be just a few weeks. Good luck and pls keep in touch x

Juey1 Thu 28-Jul-11 14:36:14

Well done hun- I will say the waiting is excruciating but like you say we never know when we get the phone call. We have appt with sw next tues so hopefully she will have some info. Keep me informed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now