Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Anybody with personal experience in Global Developmental Delay????

(6 Posts)
Minnerva Wed 21-Jul-10 17:28:52

Would really appreciate any advice or personal stories as we have just had a 3 year old girl come to us-it was her 3rd birthday yesterday so after she had arrived dh nipped to the shops and bought her some toys-we sang 'happy birthday' etc but as far as I can tell,she is not aware that it was her birthday.

I always seem to be on here pleading for advice but I hope that one of you lovely mumsnetters somewhere has some advice or experience that I can chuck into the melting pot-much appreciated.

Minnerva x

nymphadora Wed 21-Jul-10 17:59:36

Have you tried the Special Needs board? Lots of useful & experienced people there.

Minnerva Wed 21-Jul-10 18:38:05

Thanks nymphadora-will do.

sumum Wed 21-Jul-10 21:35:23

Hi minnerva, my little one has ggd amongst other things, have just posted about him on sn board re attachment disorder.

What kind of things were you looking for?

sumum Wed 21-Jul-10 23:19:20

that should be gdd

gemcorey Sun 04-Sep-11 21:22:24

ty not to worry my son now 4 has gdd. he didnt recognise his birthday til this yr - we talked quite a lot about how it would b his bday for a gud few weeks b4. he seemed to understand it mor - he knew the candle was for him to blow out n that the presents were for him. think the rest will just come in time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now