Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In Memory of every brave soldier, sailor, or airman who has ever died for the country they love.

(15 Posts)
gemmummy Sat 07-Nov-09 20:59:35

And for the families and friends they left behind, from a serving member of the armed forces, I will remember you.

CLOVER81 Sun 08-Nov-09 08:21:41

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them...

Smithagain Sun 08-Nov-09 08:47:29

I have to speak at a Remembrance Sunday service today and preparing for it is moving me to tears.

We will remember them.

herbietea Sun 08-Nov-09 10:08:54

Message withdrawn

dweezle Sun 08-Nov-09 10:15:51

To all of you serving, and with family in the forces. Thank you.

mumof2222222222222222boys Sun 08-Nov-09 21:47:16

I have been so emotional about Remembrance Sunday this year. Although I am ex forces and DH is serving, I don't know anyone who has been hurt or killed. However, I saw some of the programme last night at the Albert Hall, and kept crying. I read the Sunday Times on the tube and cry at the stories in that (about Afganistan). Thinking about it now, I am starting to well up again sad.

I bought some poppies from an RN chap last night, and almost started again. Ditto when DS (5yo) asked me to explain the advert for poppies (sad mum and child + framed photo of soldier dad).

I feel for all of them and all of you families with LOs in Afganistan. Not sure it is helping much though.

hf128219 Sun 08-Nov-09 21:50:53

Yes, we will remember them all. My dh laid a wreath today - and dd shouted out 'Dada'.

It almost broke my heart thinking of those children who will not remember their fathers - or mothers.

frakkinaround Sun 08-Nov-09 21:57:09

I've been welling up all day - last night with the service, today as I watched the parade past the cenotaph. I can't imagine the pain of having someone you love taken from you in combat. I know the job my OH does is worth the sacrifice he may be called upon to make but if it happened I would feel it was so unfair.

"Have you forgotten yet?... Look up, and swear by the green of the spring that you’ll never forget." Siegried Sassoon, 1919

We will not forget.

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Sun 08-Nov-09 21:58:08

we will remember them

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 08-Nov-09 22:02:18

I have freinds of DH who are going to afganistan soon

I have family who died in both first and secnd world wars

I will always remember

LilRedWG Sun 08-Nov-09 22:11:53

I will remember them.

RedTartanLass Sun 08-Nov-09 22:19:29

We will remember them...

tadjennyp Sun 08-Nov-09 22:30:14

Just watched the news clips from here in America and it brought me to tears too. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for them.

SandyChick Sun 08-Nov-09 22:51:41

I've shed a few tears today. Didnt go to a service as id be an emotional wreck without DH.Ds (2yrs) kept pointing to men in uniform on TV today and saying it was daddy.

My DH is deployed at the mo and we have friends who are out in Afghan.

We will remember them...

scaryteacher Mon 09-Nov-09 10:32:06

Went to the service in Brussels yesterday. Very good turnout. Got teary at the Last Post thinking about a family I'd heard of. The Dad committed suicide after coming back from Afghanistan. I also sat there hoping that I won't be sitting there next year remembering db who deploys shortly....and I used to get antsy at him and dh going off in black tubes with reactors. What was I worried about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now