Talk

Advanced search

Remember I asked about

(18 Posts)
Saltire Thu 05-Nov-09 19:01:31

RAF Linton on Ouse?
Well I would really appreciate some help, so if nay of you have nay friends or family there, I'd like to ask some questions

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 19:04:29

I used to be there and I know a friend who has just gone back there - can I help?

gemmummy Thu 05-Nov-09 19:05:20

lovely area, been there on an overnight stop only

Saltire Thu 05-Nov-09 19:08:43

I suppose it would help if I actually wrote what I'd like to knowgrin

Primary school - is there one in village/on camp?
Where are the quarters?
Which ones are the best?
Secondary school - where is it, and how far, and how do they get there?

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 19:12:16

There is a primary school in the village - you can walk to it from camp. Think nearest secondary school is Easingwold and from what I can remember the children get a bus (that might be wrong). There are quarters on and off camp both officers and non. I think I would prefer behind the wire if I had a choice. There are fairly new build Sergeants and Officers quarters aswell as the more traditional kind.

Saltire Thu 05-Nov-09 19:21:55

Are the new builds behind the wire?

It's a bout 80% certain we will be going there in january (early, like as soon as poss after xmas)

Thing is, I'd ideally need to be near the school because of my health, which is the reason we are moving (long long story)

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 20:33:01

Yes the newer houses are behind the wire.

herbietea Thu 05-Nov-09 20:36:25

Message withdrawn

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 20:39:34

Where are you off to Herbie? We are moving too but not to quarters, have finally had enough of moving around and have bought a house in Wiltshire. I can't wait! grin (Although am very envy of Saltire going to Linton)

herbietea Thu 05-Nov-09 20:55:13

Message withdrawn

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 20:59:01

Cottesmore is nice too. My friend was there until recently. We used to be at Wittering, I love that area too!

We have bought in Calne near Lyneham (home for me)

herbietea Thu 05-Nov-09 21:02:36

Message withdrawn

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 21:06:39

Yes I am. It's crap here, so quiet except for the lovely NormaStanleyFletcher - she's great and I will miss her. It is so quiet. DH now works at HW so we're no longer mess members here either but tbh it was so unfriendly I don't really mind. Wittering was great as was Linton. Funnily enough I met DH at Wittering!

herbietea Thu 05-Nov-09 21:13:16

Message withdrawn

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 21:16:07

I think I have just had enough of moving around. We also came here from Akrotiri where you can imagine the social life was amazing. I knew it wouldn't be Akrotiri but I have found it hard. Lovely area though, great schools, brilliant access into London.

Saltire Thu 05-Nov-09 22:02:06

I too have had enough of moving around - 15 years I've been doing it.
However there's more to this move than meets the eye, I just don't want to go into it on here

Saltire Thu 05-Nov-09 22:13:48

Herbie - did I mention that she's not moving now?
I got your email will get round to replying over the weekend. Hows things now?

Mcdreamy Thu 05-Nov-09 22:42:20

Well I had a wonderful time at Linton, really loved it. The camp, the area, I hope you enjoy it too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now