Talk

Advanced search

Just moved to Bovington - anyone know anything about it?

(12 Posts)
Chulita Mon 05-Oct-09 13:48:36

...and don't say 'Monkey World' grin
Someone please make me feel happier about being here!

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 05-Oct-09 13:54:04

Hmmm.

On the positive side, it is in an attractive part of Dorset.

On the negative side (and please bear in mind that this was 9 years ago), I met some seriously sexist young officers there. Must have changed (I hope), but the officers' mess banned trousers for women shock.

good luck!

Chulita Mon 05-Oct-09 13:57:38

grin A woman in trousers? Whatever next?
It is a pretty area but...what does one do with oneself?

WailingGhoshe Mon 05-Oct-09 14:12:30

Not at Bovvie, but up at Blandford just up the road.

Poole is good for shopping as is Weymouth, Dorchester has a good market.

Lots at Weymouth in the summer (plus Olympics there in 2012).

Dont know much about the camp to be honest, but if you want to meet up when you get here just shout.

Chulita Mon 05-Oct-09 14:18:25

Thanks WailingG, DH has just started a course in Blandford but they quartered us in Bovington so he's got the car angry. Might take you up on the offer of a meet-up, I hate not knowing anyone!
(Mind you, we got given 35 College Road in Blandford at first before they changed their minds, we went to have a look yesterday and I am so happy not to have to live there!)

WailingGhoshe Mon 05-Oct-09 17:38:40

Mmmmm lovely quarters them wink we are lucky we are in one of the old quarters that have just been refurbished.

Drusilla Tue 06-Oct-09 12:03:06

Lulworth cove is just down the road and is lovely. Good walking along the coast there if you are an outdoors type. God help you living in Bovington if you are not!

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Tue 06-Oct-09 12:08:34

I am over there in 30 minutes to pick up DC's from nursery. If you want to meet up that would be great we live just outside of Lulworth (next to the camp) email is burngatefarm at googlemail dot com

Chulita Tue 06-Oct-09 13:50:14

I can be an outdoors type, just not in this weather! grin I tend to be a fair weather walker. fivegomad I'll email you!

poshtottie Tue 06-Oct-09 13:56:57

There is a surestart centre in Bovington.

Lots to do in the area once you know whats going on.

Do you have children? There is a music and baby group in Bere Regis which is close to you.

Chulita Tue 06-Oct-09 14:01:35

Popped into the surestart centre this morning. Bere Regis is a bit far without the car...

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Tue 06-Oct-09 14:03:59

The walk to Wool from Bovington isn't bad (when it is not like this) and there is a place called Kids of Wool which run M&T groups in the mornings.

I have got your email and will email properly after the ironing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now