Talk

Advanced search

Please can some of you come and talk to me - I've worked myself up into a migraine!

(5 Posts)
Saltire Thu 03-Sep-09 16:43:54

I really just need to get it off my chest.
As some of you may know i ahve a long term health problem. DH being away in the summer and me being 7 hours from any family support has shown us that we do need to be closer to family back up. There is a vancy coming up close to where we want to be. DH enquired to teh manning desk about it back in Feb but was told A) your current posting is a 3 year tour (we've since found out its being changed to 2 years, which DH has done)and
B) We aren't looking to fill the vacancy this far in advance.

Fast forward to August and after much discussion we decided to apply for the post on welfare grounds. Dh rang the place he wants to go on Tuesday and was told it hadn't been filled and that there was an acting Sgt in the slot just now. SSAFFA rang on Wednesday and told the slot hadn't been allocated, then she rang earlier to say it has been - by the acting Sgt who's been promoted in situ!

DH is really angry as we now have to apply for Preferentail treatment, with no gurantee that we will get it. I know there's nothing we can do, I just need to vent, I am angry about the fact that every other person we known in DHs trade has been promoted and told "this is where you are going, no arguments". Then this guy, in the space of 2 days manages to get promoted in situ, and DH has been in 23 years, this guy for 12! and I just feel sad that this can happen.
like I said I know theres nothing we can do other than PT but I just need to get this off my chest instead of moaning to DH

flossie64 Thu 03-Sep-09 19:44:46

It is so frustrating and would piss me off upset me aswell.
I have had problems with moving /living in the same place as DH .I have come to the conclusion whatever they tell you ,will change with every breath you take.
I know that I can't help you really but wanted to acknowledge your post .
Good luck with the PT.

FourArms Thu 03-Sep-09 19:51:22

Sorry to hear that Saltire. I've no idea how all the compassionate drafts side of thing works unfortunately. What service is your DH with?

herbietea Thu 03-Sep-09 20:49:11

Message withdrawn

Saltire Thu 03-Sep-09 22:20:07

I am so annoyed by this I've been on teh wine. And chocolate. And I have a headache. I am livid, but there's nothing we can doangry sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now