Talk

Advanced search

Apparently a 3rd of my neighbours have complained

(21 Posts)
Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 13:55:11

about children playing football on the grass areas around the MQs on our street. Now considering that out of a sreet of 21 houses, and only mine and the end house have got boys that play football, it's not hard to know who they are on about is it?

cyteen Wed 02-Sep-09 13:57:46

Children playing? On grassy areas?

<covers eyes in horror>

Your neighbours sound like right wankers.

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 14:08:20

I know, it's shocking how dare children play at all

MIAonline Wed 02-Sep-09 14:09:19

I don't know why we just don't lock all the children up and stop them having any fun. hmm

It is ridiculous, if you kept them in then you would be accused of creating couch potato's.

MIAonline Wed 02-Sep-09 14:10:13

blush at error

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Wed 02-Sep-09 14:12:25

I can unserstand why yoou're p'd off but know that some mq's have sign saying no ball games on grassed areas.

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 14:18:02

Yes I know but the ones on my street don't have any signs. Of the 21 houses int eh street, next door has two older teenage daughters. The cow on my left has three under 10s who are little angels and do nothing worng and how dare I suggest otherwise, then the house at the end has two boys over 10. All the rest have no children or toddlers under 4. Of these, one man complains that the ball is keeping his iwfe awake - while he has music playing loudly with all the windows open so the whole street can hear. obviously loud music doesn't bother her

mumof2222222222222222boys Wed 02-Sep-09 14:33:57

Isn't MQ an outdated term? SFA stands for Service FAMILY Accommodation, does it not? Can we not have some commonsense please. Mind you, entirely unreasonable to expect that from DE.

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 14:37:15

Sorry mum of 222222222222222222, I'm confused by the DE comment, don't know what you're on about I never mentioned DE.

OrmIrian Wed 02-Sep-09 14:39:17

Bloody kids! I don't know why we just don't cut them off at the knees at birth...save all that running about making a nuisance of themselves wink

Sorry you have twats for neighbours saltire.

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 14:41:28

Orm - I know I do, especially her next ddor (countless threads about her)

Insanity Wed 02-Sep-09 14:57:04

Our estate has "no ball games" signs bloody everywhere, more so if there is even a foot of grass! Luckily the big bit of grass my kids play football has the sign on the house of their friends, so they play ball games regardless!

I would be fuming! So long as they arent kicking it against the wall of a house I dont see what the problem is, they could always stop the ball games and start vandalising, always an option grin

What twatheads of neightbours you have though!! Perhaps introduce the kids to the joy of knock and run....im sure the nieghbours would much prefer them back on the grass with the football!?

hercules1 Wed 02-Sep-09 14:59:20

They were obviously never children themselves. Very sad.

McDreamy Wed 02-Sep-09 15:02:11

Oh please send your children around here and play ball games in our street - it's soooooooo dead here. My poor kids are bored stupid and desparate for friends.

How sad though that children playing is something worthy of complaining about sad

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 15:09:59

There are 3 large grassy areas. one of them has been out with a carving knife threatning the kids, anotehr has called the little fuckers. There is also a big piece of grass, surrounded on 2 sides by private houses,a dn on 2 sides by busy roads. The top bit has a lot of trees so they have started playing at the bottom end, and even then one of the people in the private house came out, picked up their ball and threw it onto the busy road and said to them "go and play with it there, you are hitting my hedge with it!
They were with one of the boys dads at the time and he asked the man what he thought he was playing at throwing a ball onto the road and expecting them to ge it and the man said "with a bit of luck they'll get run over and that'll stop them from hitting my hedge"shock

I hate it on this estate, its the only one with no parks or play areas, in this area there are about 8 MQ SFAhmm estates and all except ours have play areas and parks.

McDreamy Wed 02-Sep-09 15:12:49

That's shocking treatment Saltire. Can't you lodge some sort of complaint against that man? shock

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 15:14:59

Yes the dad who was with them has called the police. I have also put in offical complaints about the 2 MQ tennants who threatend the boys with a carving knife and the one who swore at them

McDreamy Wed 02-Sep-09 18:00:03

I'm not surprised, what a hellish community to live in, poor you sad

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 18:03:52

Its a naval patch I live onhmm <hides from all the navy wives>

Saltire Thu 03-Sep-09 09:48:39

The DSes have recently taken to kicking a ball ont ehg rass out our front, and obviously it's all disapeared, so DH has put grass seed down and told the Dses and their friends to keep off, which they have been doing. However this morning, mad next door neighbours son was running up and down on the grass seed, shouting at the top of his voice "I'm running on your grass,I'm running on your grass, nah nah nah"hmm.
I was in shower and could hear him so asked DS1 to ask him to stop, now I was lsitening and DS1 asked him quite nicely if he would get off the grass seed, otherwise it wouldn't grow, he ignored him. SO I called out the bathroom window "X, can you keep off the grass please, we are trying to let the seed grow".

He looked at me and said "my mum says I don't have to listen to you, she's the only one who can tell me off", and kept doing it.
She was in teh back garden so I asked her if she would ask him to stop standing on the grass as we are trying to grow it, and she turned her back on me and went in the house!

Berryred Fri 04-Sep-09 19:37:17

shock

sounds angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now