Me again! Can anyone explain what this means for me

(8 Posts)
Saltire Fri 28-Aug-09 10:56:35

ON DHs July payslip.
LSA arrears minus 71.75
LOA temp arrears minus 5.46
GPD Taxable - and an amount(-71.99)
GPD Non taxable - and an amount(-5.46)
GPD offset taxable - and an amount(71.99)
GPD offset non taxable (5.46)

jcscot Fri 28-Aug-09 15:41:16

I don't understand all of it, but it looks as though there's been an overpayment of LSA and they're clawing of it back. The rest of it - I'm not sure.

madwomanintheattic Fri 28-Aug-09 16:13:18

whatever the GPD is, it looks like they applied the two amounts and then realised they made a mistake, so reversed them. i wouldn't worry about that at all - as they can't delete stuff they have just 'fixed' it lol as it was done in error - it hasn't affected his pay, just the usual jpa nonsense.

like jcscot says, it looks like a small overpayment has been made somewhere along the line to do with a trip (hence LSA/ LOA) and they are fixing that too by takine the money back. it looks legit - there is a limit as to what they are allowed to take at any one time (x days pay?) and that wouldn't exceed it.

if he asks his administrator or calls the jpac they should be able to tell him where the overpayment was that they are correcting.

flossie64 Sat 29-Aug-09 21:18:28

My dh says GPD stands for Gross Public Debt.
This has to be shown 1 month then taken the next. As they have shown it as a minus then corrected it they obviously made an error HTH

FourArms Sat 29-Aug-09 22:06:58

Flossie's DH is correct, it is gross public debt. I think they show it as a positive and negative to let you know that they will take it the next month or something as they have to give you a warning. Something weird went on with lots of pay last month, perhaps it's still going on!

Saltire Sun 30-Aug-09 11:44:16

He was about £180 short last month, part of this was his HDT travel thing, which he gets every month for petrol (works out at about £65 a month). It was missing from Julys pay.

flossie64 Sun 30-Aug-09 19:01:42

My dh had a carry on at the beggining of this year. they under paid him by nearly £800, it took 4months to sort out. I nearly had a fit!He reckons since they started the new pay thing ,it has been a total disaster.

madwomanintheattic Mon 31-Aug-09 17:58:36

lol, last year i got no pay at all for four months. every month i had to go to the admin office and they had to get the stn to do a local payment for advance of pay. every month i got a bill for the previous month's local payment (as it was processed as an advance of pay), but as they still weren't paying me i was refusing to pay the 'advance' back... in the end my bill was up to about 14k...

all sorted now though... i think it took about 8 months... grin it isn't helpful that they need 10 working days to reply to a request as to why you haven't been paid.... angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now