Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else in MQs sometimes feel like they are living in a soap opera with their street?

(10 Posts)
Saltire Thu 27-Aug-09 11:08:13

Because there's time here I do grin.
Screamning neighbours, neighbours turning up at door yelling about my children, neighbour calling my childrena nd me names, overhearing very personal phone conversations (through no fault of my own, the window was open and she was in the garden for 4 hours)describing situations that could come straight from an eastenders plot.
other neighbours throwing their DHs clothes out onto the street, the man who comes and goes to the womans house across the road while her Dh is away on the subs. When I say comes and goes I mean he arrives under cover of darkness at about 11pm and goes away about 7am!

jcscot Thu 27-Aug-09 11:23:40

Life on the patch - how I miss it! wink

There's definitely a "goldfish bowl" quality about patch life, some of which can be good, and some of which is positively unhealthy.

I miss the camaraderie and the understanding but I don't miss the competitive dinner party-hosting and the occasional bitchiness. I certainly don't miss the curtain-twitching!

Saltire Thu 27-Aug-09 11:50:53

Ah but sometimes - when there is a full scale scremaing match taking place, then curtain are going to twitch <innocent>
I do look out a lot, but that's because my next door neighbour (the one who has repeatedly called the police to my children) has grabbed one of mine recently by the arm,a nd has threatened to take possessions off them, and her mate has also screamed at my 2 and has grabbed one of them, so I look out now and again to make sure they aren't attacking or threatning my children.
In both those cases, DH locked me in the house and went to dealw ith it, knowing full well I would probably hit them for touching my children in such a way!

jcscot Thu 27-Aug-09 13:05:48

"I look out now and again to make sure they aren't attacking or threatning my children."

Good grief! Can't you complain to someone about their anti-social behaviour? If they have a problem (real or imagined) with your children, shouldn't they talk to you instead of the children?

Saltire Thu 27-Aug-09 14:08:53

Well most sensible people would talk to the parents first. Not her though. She called the police on 4 seperate occasions. The first time they came out it was 9pm at night, DH was away for 4 months and 2 police turn up at the door. You can imagnine what went through my mind. Then there was the time she tried to steal football stickers from DS2, because he ahd taken the time to sit down with her annoying youngest child, and help him put the stickers into the book in teh proper place. She looked through book and assumed that DS2 ahd stolen some stickers, and "you will give me that book right now, or I will take it off you and look through it and if I find X's stickers in there I will call the police and tell them you have stolen them. hand it over NOW".

jcscot Thu 27-Aug-09 14:41:24

She sounds delightful! shock Is there no one you can talk to about her behaviour? She sounds like a neighbour to avoid.

FairLadyRantALot Thu 27-Aug-09 14:47:18

oh dear saltire...must say, when we were living in mq's it never was that interesting...now, where we live here that is sometimes a whole different story, lol

Sweetpeasmum Thu 27-Aug-09 14:59:16

My street is downright boring! Mind you, my neighbours have not fallen it into the Party/ Mental Health issues categories - Padres, Sally Armies, Police, etc. Hmmm, maybe we're the nightmare neighbours.......hmm

madwomanintheattic Thu 27-Aug-09 19:15:56

ah, the omo days....
<sighs wistfully>

right, must tidy up. apparently we have no choice but to take part in the competitive dinner party rounds, and it starts in earnest next week...

<heads over to 'recipes' as loathes dinner parties and can never decide what to make dh cook...>

Berryred Tue 01-Sep-09 19:40:11

nothing here grin very quite street I live on, about as exicting as it gets is watching the neighbours putting their bins out and going oh crap, forgot to put mine out haha

and sending a wave to pinkem wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now