Talk

Advanced search

BIT of ADVICE partner joining RAF

(6 Posts)
Stacey1987 Fri 21-Aug-09 11:01:54

my dd's dad wants to joing RAF cos of
current job reccession, can anyone enlighten me on the process, he has an interview next month with them. also can they postpone going in once having the interview?
as im worried my daughter wont ge to see him that often? and with her being 3 months i would like her to know him before he goes in.

we are together but things arent great? how is it with a partner in the RAF when you are not married/in a civil partnership?

TIA x

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Fri 21-Aug-09 13:03:01

We're Navy so don't know how much help I'll be.

Is the interview the only part of the selection process he's done? Has he had the fitness and medical yet?

Stacey1987 Fri 21-Aug-09 22:43:12

he hasnt done anything yet, 1st kind of meeting with them next month x

pinkem Sun 23-Aug-09 19:55:27

The process of joining can take quite a while so you will have plenty of time before he moves away.
Before me and dh got married i did feel a little bit left out, Are you planning on staying where you are now or moving round?

Is your dp going for officer or airmen?

As a guess i think the process for airman is:
Careers office interview
2nd interview
Fitness Test
Medical Test
Given training start date.

(Someone please correct me if i'm wrong though)

If your relationship is not brill at the min this will definately be a kill or cure!!

Stacey1987 Sun 23-Aug-09 22:28:44

hes joining the gunners bit he said.

ill be staying where i am as were not civil partnership or married.

hoping he doesnt get whisked away soon as our dd is 3 months and his step son is 3.5years and there miss their daddy

pinkem Mon 24-Aug-09 15:08:34

He is looking to join the RAF Regiment then -He will first take an aptitude test, then a health assessment,and then his fitness test after which he will have another interview. If all these are successful he will be given a start date, training will take place at RAF Honington in Suffolk and lasts approximately 29 weeks.
He will be allowed back some weekends to spend time with you all, he will also be able to call most evenings.

If you have anymore questions let me know and i will try to answer them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now