Talk

Advanced search

Cant handle army life anymore!!

(11 Posts)
didsnbump Fri 10-Jul-09 15:26:22

Ive been married nearly 3 years, but living with my hubby over in germany for nearly 4 years, together for 5.
Ive got a 18 month old son and i am 9 weeks pregnant.
Im missing my family and friends more than i ever thought possible, and struggle being alone when hubby goes away (away at the mo in uk).
I did enjoy being in germany before we had our son, but now i dont really have any close friends and spend alot of time alone which i hate. I do get out to all the things possible but it doesnt really fill much of my time, the rest is just me and my son and its very lonely.

Im not sure what i can do to turn this around, i dont wanna leave my hubby but im not happy and dont see any other way.

Scootergrrrl Fri 10-Jul-09 16:04:26

Aren't you somewhere near me? Please don't do anything hasty.
If you are where I think you are, the rain today really can't be helping!

didsnbump Fri 10-Jul-09 16:08:04

Hi yeah im Bielefeld. Nope cant even just go to the park on a day like today. I dont think the hormones are helping much either.

Scootergrrrl Fri 10-Jul-09 16:12:22

Poor thing. When's he back? Are you here all summer too? It does get really depressing being stuck in on your own with a toddler - it's either chucking it down or boiling hot here isn't it?

Do you want to CAT me and I might be able to help with stuff?

didsnbump Fri 10-Jul-09 19:44:41

He is back in 3 weeks, and then we go back to the uk for 3 weeks thankfully.
I just feel like i have no life while im here. I have no real friends to turn to, and the close ones i did have back home in england are getting on and doing stuff now and i get forgot about, so find it hard to fit back in when im home.
I need more to my life than i have here.

Scootergrrrl Fri 10-Jul-09 20:28:19

Tell me about it! There is more out here but it's kept very well hidden.
Have you been to the baby singing?

didsnbump Fri 10-Jul-09 20:34:10

I did when my son was younger but now he wont sit still for that. We go into go bananas as much as poss, but most of the time it the afternoons that drive me bonkers. Ive got myself a job, dint know i was pregnant when i got it, but its mornings, so i will now miss out on all the things we did do that get me out to see other adults.
Im just living in the hope that this job will make me feel alittle better, but i dont think it will.

Scootergrrrl Sat 11-Jul-09 08:51:12

There's no chance they'd let you work afternoons, then you can still do the baby groups and stuff is there? Are you anywhere near the trams so you can go off into town?

I'm happy to meet up somewhere if you're not bothered about outing yourself! Ice cream parlour is a particular favourite wink

didsnbump Sun 12-Jul-09 21:06:32

No they dont let ya do afternoons unfortunatly. Would be fab if they did.
Yeah i am close to a tram, plus i drive, which is a def life saver. I dont tend to bother with town much though unless im in need of stuff.
Have tried in the past to get people to meet up for coffee in town, to make it a regular thing, but never got anywhere.
I think thats the problem, ive tried to improve things and nothings changed thats why ive had enough.
Yeah meating up might be good. We will prob find we kinda know each other anyway.

Scootergrrrl Mon 13-Jul-09 09:33:27

I must have seen you about, esepcially if you're a GBs regular. When do you start your job?

didsnbump Mon 13-Jul-09 13:08:46

I started my job today. Was odd but i think thats just coz im a newbie, so not used to everything. Im hoping i will like, was def nice to be up organsied and out.
Im hoping i can fit GBs in some afternoons either straight after work, or after my ds has had a nap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now