Talk

Advanced search

Oh for goodness sake...........

(10 Posts)
McDreamy Tue 07-Jul-09 19:56:48

.......the bloody hamster has just eaten 2 big holes in my DHE curtains angry

jcscot Wed 08-Jul-09 09:36:12

The hamster clearly has taste! Seriously, are they near the bottom so that you could just turn up the hem an inch or so and hide them?

McDreamy Wed 08-Jul-09 09:46:39

No they are at one end but half way up! Gonna have to come clean I think and pay for some new ones! sad

Mercy2 Tue 14-Jul-09 03:51:10

I'd try stitchin the hole from behind and just iron a fold into that bit of the curtain! lol. Anything is worth a go! the curtains I had when I moved into my last quarter had a few botched repairs on the back of them! if its a big hole tho?? maybe u'll end up comin clean!
naughty hamster angry
M x

McDreamy Tue 14-Jul-09 13:48:39

I might give that a go, it's reasonably big but as you say with a crease in the right place............. or maybe I should just come clean. How much do you reckon a new pair of gopping DHE curtains will cost?

Saltire Tue 14-Jul-09 13:52:57

Think yourself lucky its just 2 holes in curtains grin. our dog has chewed the door frame, skirting board, and door. There is a big hole in the wall where he chewed a socket off the wall and then started digging, there is no paint left below a certain height on the wall and there is a hole in the dining room carpet!<sigh>

McDreamy Tue 14-Jul-09 14:29:38

Oh bugger! shock

gemmummy Tue 14-Jul-09 14:34:40

jusy buy some equally minging ones from a charity shop...they'll be none the wiser

weepootle Tue 14-Jul-09 14:39:19

Saltire, could I have you over here please

bratley Tue 21-Jul-09 14:09:12

We moved into a quarter once and the people before us had put up a new (nicer!) curtain pole and (lovely non DHE) floor length cream curtains up and the guy doing our march in just said 'oooh how lucky are you!?'
We asked if that was ok to replace stuff and he said 'aslong as its neutral and clean we've got no problem with it.'
Our last quarter had pale pink walls in the bedroom and again we were told 'aslong as its neutral.'
Just phone your local HIVE and ask them, they're usually quite good.
The quarter we've just moved into has absolutely no curtains in it at all! One hideous extreme to another!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now