Advanced search

Should the army pay for my move.... ....... to a bigger quarter...

(13 Posts)
twoplusone Mon 15-Jun-09 10:52:00

I have just found out last week that we are expectin number 4.. we currently live in a 3 bedroomed.. (the third just fitting in a single bed..)
My children are DD 12.5yrs DS1 5yrs and DS2 23months..
I know I cant apply yet but want to get the ball rolling as I know some 4 beds are just b being done her in Herford and i would rather that than have to move to one of the villages near by as the children are all settled in herford.

Should the army pay for the move or will they make us move ourselves..

Marjoriew Mon 15-Jun-09 11:54:01

My son and his wife are in the army. His wife was posted in the UK and he in Germany after returning from Afghanistan. He's now posted back and had to go to Germany to wind up his affairs and move his stuff back to the UK. He had to pay for it himself.
Also, they had to pay for the move themselves to move into the 2-bed army house they were allocated.
Didn't cost much because the CO got some of the other squaddies to help them with the move.

twoplusone Mon 15-Jun-09 12:21:56

why did they pay for a posting move!!!!!! We have bever paid for apot move ourselves.. Last itme I moved to a 4 bed i paid for it myself as i was only entitled to a 3 bedroomed ashad just had my 3rd child and wanted a bigger house and knew they were available and as they had alot on aboundance I could have one..
But this is different.. I need a 4 bedroomed house as they cant really expect 3 children in one room.. as DD is too old to share with a baby also even if i could get the cot in the room I have no wardrobe space, drawer space or anything we are already busting at the seems..

Marjoriew you have intrigued m.. I thought it was only your final move that you pay for yourself.. Thank you for the information though..

shadowofacow Mon 15-Jun-09 12:24:53

as far as i am aware you get a move when you go from 1-2 children (into a 3 bed) then again when you go from 3-4 children (into a 4 bed) so yes you should get it paid for you.

twoplusone Mon 15-Jun-09 12:37:10

Thank yo i thopught so but wasnt sure.. i knew that you definitaley got when going from 1-2..

Thanks again

twoplusone Mon 15-Jun-09 12:44:21

Just phoned up housing and I am entitled to a move for service reasons.. they did shock me though as I can do the paperwork now if I want even though i am only 5weeks and they will move me asap!!!! But i am going to wait till July/Aug when i get to 12week stage..
Thank you again x

Drusilla Mon 15-Jun-09 18:39:04

Any move due to a change in entitlement, even if mid-tour, should be paid for by the MOD

Mercy2 Tue 16-Jun-09 00:05:40

thankyou SO much for this post as DH and Me are gonna try for an R&R baby! lol. And keep TTC after his tour if needs be! So i was wondering what will happen as we are in the WORLDS smallest 2Bed house. Its a corner house and from the front hardly even looks like it exists! haha! We have Zero space to put anything now so its good to know that we would be entitled to a 3Bed.
We lived in a huge £bed before we moved to NI and we didn't have kids then! lol. they wouldn't let us hav a 3bed over here, which was mad! lol. Army logic hey... hav a kid and we'll downgrade your house! lol.

Anyway enough moanin just wanted to say cheers for the info!
M x x

didsnbump Sat 20-Jun-09 19:05:07

Im so glad i read this as im 6 weeks preg and had been told by friends that if we want a bigger house we would have to move ourselves.
Does anyone know where this is written down like on a jsp or something??

Saltire Sat 20-Jun-09 19:15:44

twoplus - you might well find that you are entitled to disturbance as well - but probably not the full amount

UberCoolName Sat 20-Jun-09 19:44:09

JSP 464

UberCoolName Sat 20-Jun-09 19:52:32

JSP 464:

As at 30 Sep 08
5 - 5



0517. Guidance. The provisions set out below are for guidance only. Entitlements
contained in tri-Service or single Service relocation regulations have primacy over this

0518. Publicly funded mid-tour moves. A mid tour move undertaken for Service
reasons should be at public expense – i.e. the individual is entitled to the full relocation
provisions and the appropriate rate of DA. It does not matter whether the occupied SFA is
below, to, or above entitlement, or whether it was occupied by choice or for Service
reasons. Mid tour moves for Service reasons include situations where a move is
necessary for DE Ops Housing disposal or upgrade programmes; and where entitlements
change as a result of changes in family size or on promotion. Service reasons may also
include a move from SSFA to SFA where it will result in a saving to public funds, even if
the move was requested by the Service occupant.

twoplusone Tue 23-Jun-09 22:11:32

Saltire- we have beenn told that we are entitled to half disturbance allowance.

didsnbump- how many children have you already got.. Why not come over the due in Feb 10 thread hun.x If you are going from 1 to 2 children you can have a move for change of entitlements from a two to three bed house.. If you are going from 2 to 3 children you are not entitled to.. Althoug were we were when I had number 3 there was an abundance of 4 bed quarters so we moved ourselves.
Thank you Ubercoolname.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: