Talk

Advanced search

MHS, Running a book on when they repair my heating

(7 Posts)

OK going to phone them as soon as open.

So no Rads working downstairs

Upstairs rads working, water hot, have a gas fire downstairs, so we are not in dire straights (bloody cold in the kitchen tho)

How many missed appointments do you think I will have?

And as we are due to move quarters in Feb, as part of the Refurb programme here, how much do you reckon they will do nothing and just try and move us early.

Which I DO NOT WANT this side of Christmas!!!

herbietea Mon 01-Dec-08 08:39:01

Message withdrawn

MotherOfGirls Mon 01-Dec-08 09:16:43

Just make sure you claim your £20 voucher for each missed appointment - could be useful at this time of year!

We moved into our MQ in Aug 07 and by Christmas I had £120 to spend at Debenhams! Luckily I work from home so the missed appointments were only annoying. If I'd been taking days off work to wait in, the money would have been little comfort.

You are not going to believe this!

They were here within the hour, pumped had gone, so the guy went next door to the house that was starting to be refurbished today, took the pump out of that one and put it in mine!!!!!!!

When did they start employing people with initiative???

MotherOfGirls Mon 01-Dec-08 11:52:13

You're right - I don't believe it! Your man with initiative must be very lonely in this organisation......... Enjoy your heating!

mhsbod Tue 30-Jun-09 02:52:52

Sorry to whileshe etc..we always try hard but sometimes there's just that something that throws a spanner in the works... we don't feel good when it goes wrong. Most of us are ex-forces or other halves. We'll always do our best. Sometimes it falls short...we're doing our best to stop that.

madwomanintheattic Tue 30-Jun-09 09:32:04

i love the fact that the explanation comes 6 months later - lol mhsbod, i know you were being nice, but that's hilarious grin it has absolutely made my day grin

were you reading our thread the other day wondering whether mhs/ ceas and other 'helpful' organisations had mn on in the office? or whether they ought to, for a more realistic 'customer satisfaction' response than the the 'did we turn up on time' phone call? (the one they only make when they know the job went ok - oddly they never ring when the guy doesn't show or turns up for 5 minutes, sucks his teeth and then disappears for another fortnight...)

<wanders off chuckling>

but thank you - it was a sweet thought smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now