Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a planned C section to try make sure DH will be there?

(4 Posts)
MissPitstop Tue 28-Oct-08 09:14:05

DH is due to go to warm and sandy places when I am 39+ weeks pg. We have been told that he can come home for his paternity leave for 2 weeks after the baby is born but that he can not stay in the UK until after the birth. Has anyone had a planned C section so that their DH can return for the birth and then continue with their paternity leave?

hf128219 Tue 28-Oct-08 10:09:14

My dh took his paternity leave when I had an planned induction at 41 weeks.

MissPitstop Tue 28-Oct-08 20:06:22

Oooh so they would maybe let him come home for a planned induction then?!? Im not very keen on having a C section because of the recovery time afterwards and me being on my own after 2 weeks with 4 kids to look after. But I'm even less keen on being on my own in labour and my DH missing the birth of his DS/DD. If I was booked for an induction at 38 weeks it might be problem solved! grin

hf128219 Tue 28-Oct-08 20:12:12

What my dh did (was in Afghanistan at the time) was write a letter to his boss saying that my due date was X and that if I hadn't delivered by Y I would be induced on Y (which was true). He was allowed back a few days before X and was there for Y - and 4 days afterwards.

I agree it's so difficult to know what to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now