Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You may be rather green......

(13 Posts)
hf128219 Thu 23-Oct-08 19:48:40

I have 24 hours of 'domestic assistance' per week courtesy of the firm. She started on Monday and my house looks immaculate.

I am very happy smile

Scootergrrrl Thu 23-Oct-08 19:49:49

My friend has a domestic assistance and she spends her whole time cleaning before she comes.

Ignore me, I'm just jealous grin

empressorchid Thu 23-Oct-08 20:18:41

Oh how fantastic [jealous smiley]

empressorchid Thu 23-Oct-08 20:19:40

envy LOL at myself - the painkillers aren't helping my back but they're sure doing something!!!!!

Romy7 Fri 24-Oct-08 21:34:14

ah, but all those dinner parties and fixed smiles and smarties in enormous goblets... you end up paying in the end...
<stomps off and whines at dh to get promoted - or would do if he was in the bloody country anyway>

Scootergrrrl Sat 25-Oct-08 07:09:22

Smarties in goblets? I'm obviously going to the wrong dinner parties... grin

hf128219 Sat 25-Oct-08 08:22:05

Smarties in enormous goblets? What is that all about??

Romy7 Sat 25-Oct-08 12:42:34

must've been a particular regiment then... must ask dh who it was... an after dinner thing, coffee and smarties... never quite understood it but they all seemed to do it...
probably got some deep and bizarre significance about the colourfulness of a particular battle they failed to win or something otherwise meaningful... or maybe the CO just liked smarties so they all did it to get in his good books... it was at his house i first experienced it, come to think of it...
or perhaps trying to be 'different'... a bit like when we all had to float bloody flowers in shallow bowls of water and artfully lay petals about... hmmm....
<off for a lie down now - dd2 has chicken pox and is letting us all know how unhappy she is... maybe i'm hallucinating in a general fug of calpol...>

littlelapin Sat 25-Oct-08 20:54:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hf128219 Sun 26-Oct-08 08:17:57

It couldn't have happened at a better time too as I go back to work full-time 7 weeks on Monday. It will just be brilliant to have her.

I also have a gardener!

I will be spoilt until 2011 - then it will be back to living in a pigsty state of chaos and a garden like a jungle. grin

Oh, yes I remember the floating flowers!

VanillaPumpkinLantern Sun 26-Oct-08 16:36:59

Oh how lovely envy.
I loved having a cleaner when in Cyprus. That lady was an angel. I wasn't even working and only had dd1 then. Oh happy days grin.

breaghsmum Wed 29-Oct-08 19:37:54

sooo jealous... any chance you could spare her for say 12 of those hours and send her over to northern ireland???

hf128219 Wed 29-Oct-08 21:08:26

I would if I could! I used to live in Omagh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now