Talk

Advanced search

Brand new to this site & club - Help needed

(10 Posts)
Tiggirrl Wed 08-Oct-08 22:32:19

I've figured out the h is husband s son c child etc but what does the d stand for? and I'm sure its just me being d - Dense lol
I've just started getting involved with a guy who is in the army and am clueless lol so on here to read your discussion threads and try and work out if it could be for me

scaryteacher Wed 08-Oct-08 22:59:23

d is for dear as in dear husband (dh) or could be daughter (dd).

I'm married to a Naval type, so clueless about the Army as well.

Tiggirrl Thu 09-Oct-08 08:09:00

ahhhh that makes sense lol..... you know when you're racking your brain but the simplest thing just won't come forward!
thanks

littlelapin Thu 09-Oct-08 08:14:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jcscot Thu 09-Oct-08 08:44:11

The acronymns? Oh God , yes! Sometimes my husband can speak whole sentences in TLAs (three letter acronyms).

I'm married to an Army man and there are loads more of us around, so feel free to ask any questions and you're sure to get some answers.

frannikin Thu 09-Oct-08 14:45:47

Wow you only get 3 letter acronyms? I get at least 7 letters....I swear it takes just as long for him to say the acronyms as it would for him to say the whole thing.

littlelapin Thu 09-Oct-08 16:30:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tiggirrl Thu 09-Oct-08 19:57:54

lol unfortunately for me I'm used to the world of acronyms as I've worked for the police for ten years! but if its not the same acronym it can get confusing lol.... the police have a nasty habit of using the same letters but to refer to different things and if you get the context wrong it can be rather embarrassing......... lol

Tiggirrl Fri 10-Oct-08 08:34:44

yeah - just got it! had a brainwave - other half!!!! thank goodness for that - I was doing my head in!

chestermonster Fri 10-Oct-08 09:23:08

Its amazing what a nights sleep does for ya! goodmorning T Im newish too its gonna take a while to gt used to this hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now