Talk

Advanced search

Pros of having DH on deployment.

(13 Posts)
SmallShips Mon 06-Oct-08 20:10:14

Granted there isn't many.

I am currentely sat in bed watching corrie (sad) eating 2 double chocolate brownie cookies, hot from the microwave, with the laptop on my knee. DC are tucked up in bed and i'm settled here for the night. Nice.

Add your own.

nell12 Mon 06-Oct-08 22:10:28

Mine are very similar; rubbish tv, having the bed to myself and being able to get away with cooking suppers with no meat!

I also love having more storage space because all dh's crap kit is on board (can't wait for him to join a ship in 3 weeks!)

Also, when dh is away, the house is cleaner, tidyer and the laundry is always up to date... I think it is me trying to prove that I can cope and also when dh is around, I assume (deluded) that he will do jobs properly and so the place is always a tip!

Roll on Nov 4th grin

kerryk Tue 07-Oct-08 17:45:22

looking forward to them coming home grin

i love that first moment you see them again, always try and meet him of the bus/plane and get goosebumps searching for him through all the other uniforms.

littlelapin Tue 07-Oct-08 17:46:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nell12 Tue 07-Oct-08 17:53:27

That's the pusser in him LL wink

cali Tue 07-Oct-08 17:53:46

1. Being able to redecorate house in colours that I like.

2. Not finding random socks all over the house.

3. Toilet seats/lids ALWAYS down.

4. Watching what I like on tv.

5. Lounging about at the weekend, never get a chance to do this when he is at home, as he always wants to go out and about.

6. Having unrestricted computer access = more mumsnet time.

7. The ability to sleep diagonally in bed.

8. House is generally tidier.

9. Able to cook a nice meal without having to use every single pan or kitchen utensil.

10. When you know that they are on their way home smile

littlelapin Tue 07-Oct-08 17:56:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nell12 Tue 07-Oct-08 17:56:49

Oh yes, all those things Cali!

Clarity2005 Thu 09-Oct-08 23:32:36

Miss him like mad, but I dont miss NOT being prodded because I am snoring soo loud! lol

Clarity2005 Thu 09-Oct-08 23:33:32

lol errr doooh too many negatives in my post, should say I dont miss being prodded because I am snoring soo loud! lol

breaghsmum Wed 29-Oct-08 17:35:38

dont miss tripping over massive kit bags that are left in the hallway cos he's just home for weekend. or tripping over him for that matter. do love him dearly though!!!

wtfhashappened Wed 29-Oct-08 17:38:27

having really hairy legs in the winter!!!!! (I had to get a chain saw out before he came home last time).

Loads of time to chat to girlfriends on the phone in the evening without feeling as if I should be with him.

Crisps for tea..... (Just me, not the kids)

breaghsmum Wed 29-Oct-08 17:43:22

heres to hairy legs, chip butty dinners and not leaving the house if you dont want to.

do hate carrying bags of coal into house tho esp while preg. that should be him!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now