Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Small possibility of starting a relationship with a guy in the marines.

(5 Posts)
beansmum Sun 05-Oct-08 19:33:31

What do I need to know? I will be in NZ from the end of January, and he will be over here for the next 3-4 years, maybe more. Is it madness to even think about it? I have so many questions! I'm driving myself slightly mad trying to work out if it's even possible, and I don't know what he thinks about it yet.

pinkem Sun 05-Oct-08 20:46:33

If you both like each other go for it, if it's meant to be then....

beansmum Sun 05-Oct-08 21:57:25

How would it work though? How often would he be able to get back to NZ? He did have loads and loads of leave this summer, but he'd just come back from Afganistan so maybe he wouldn't normally get that much? How would I be able to keep in touch with him?

SmallShips Mon 06-Oct-08 13:30:43

I don't know how often he would be able to get over there, as like you said his leave over the summer would have been longer if he'd been in Afghan.

The forces have Easter leave, Summer Leave and Christmas leave, so you could see him then. But alot of the Marines i know are deployed, so are missing leave periods and getting it when they come home.

You can email him, i have marine friends on my facebook in Afghan and Iraq, who are online nearly every night. Of course it depends what they are doing.

I think if you like him go for it. It will be hard at times, probably harder for you with the massive distance between you, but i'm sure you can work through it.

beansmum Mon 06-Oct-08 15:24:38

I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't want to even think about it unless I can see that it's possible. Would I see him loads more if I stayed here, or would it not make too much difference? I'm not going to stay, just wondering how annoyed I should be with myself for moving just now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now