Advanced search

Did you know that...

(6 Posts)
scaryteacher Mon 15-Sep-08 19:06:35

...when you renew your UK photo driving licence you can use a BFPO address?

I have been trying to find out if I could for 2 years, and finally the DVLA says yes!

You have to renew the damn thing every 10 years, look at 4b on the actual photo bit and that shows when it needs to be done, otherwise you get a fine.

kerryk Tue 16-Sep-08 12:30:02

shock really. my 10 years will be up in april then.

mind you, i have still to change my lisence to my married name (have been married over 7 years blush)

suppose i could just do the two at once then.

TinkyPixie Tue 16-Sep-08 12:46:49

kerry if your passport is in your married name with a digital photo then DVLA can access that (with your permission) and you don't need to send off your wedding certificate. it makes changing your details much easier.

kerryk Tue 16-Sep-08 12:48:16

yes passport is in married name.

thats great thanks.

scaryteacher Tue 16-Sep-08 16:57:51

I think you have to get a form D1 from the Post Office, to renew the licence; my mum is going to send one out for dh. I was looking at having to change to a Belgian licence, so being able to put a BFPO address on the Brit one is great! I can get my UK address off there now.

FourArms Wed 17-Sep-08 07:51:41

DH has a BFPO address on his licence, the only problem is that his parents left that address in 1998! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now