Talk

Advanced search

MHS being OVERLY efficient... bu***r!

(65 Posts)
nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:34:04

DH has just pulled the handle off the small window in the kitchen whilst trying to close it at bedtime.

It still shuts but is not secure; our kitchen is at the front of the house as well.

So DH rang MHS to report it and has been told that someone will be here in 2 -3 hours shock

Fabulous that they are sorting out our security as soon as possible, but now we have to stay up till (possibly) 1am waiting for a rather grumpy workman who has been called out on an emergency at an ungodly hour! and we both have to leave for work at 7 30/ 7 45 tomorrow!

The dog is all confused as well as we had just put him to bed in the kitchen and now we have got him up again!

The kettle is on... better get the biccies out to placate the MHS man when he arrives...

Dynamicnanny Sun 31-Aug-08 22:37:08

God and the times you want/need things to be done quickly and efficiently they go on and on and on about it being seen to at some point (whenever that may be!) Hope repair man comes soon and you can be off to bed.

3andnomore Sun 31-Aug-08 22:37:22

hm...if you didn't want an emergency call out...why did you call them on a Sunday night?

herbietea Sun 31-Aug-08 22:40:09

Message withdrawn

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:43:25

We were just ringing to report the broken window handle. We did not think of it as an emergency. Ironically dh and I both had our diaries out trying to work out when one of us could be at home on the next couple of weeks to wait for the repairman!

We did not think we would get someone out this evening. Apparently it is classed as an emergency and we have no choice in the matter IYSWIM

I am glad that they are doing things properly, but as dynamicnanny says, generally you have to wait weeks or even months for these things to happen. It is one extreme or the other!

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:46:01

We had problems with our garage too; apparently because ours is part of a garage block that is separate to the house and neither DHE nor MHS would take responsibility for it.

MHS did... eventually!

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:48:17

I hope they turn up! I had this when dd was days old in January and the central heating broke down - they didn't turn up sad

Good luck!

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:53:45

I hope you claimed for your M&S voucher hf128289, how pants angry

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:56:47

He is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shock shock

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:58:28

I got a £20 voucher in the post!

Glad he is there smile

littlelapin Sun 31-Aug-08 23:02:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:08:58

We are fine thanks LL, I need your new address so I can send you a gaudy (sp?) and slighly bad-taste card from southsea rock!

Windows open?????? If you had done that at your last MQ you would have had tramps or drunken students climbing in!

Mr MHS obviously does not have the right part for the window (well why would he?) so he is fixing it shut and someone will have to come back later on to fix it.

The galling thing is that it is only because dh is so efficient that the window got shut; I would have left it open blush my theory has always been; if you can get through a 20cm x 30cm window and past an incontinent dog (squelch, bark, squelch, bark) then the chances are you would have got in anyway!

littlelapin Sun 31-Aug-08 23:14:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:14:31

Window has been forced shut but not fixed...

The mhs man has just told us that he is in fact, a plumber................

(He is just the only poor sod operative on duty in the Portsmouth area tonight)

Balance has been restored in the crappy world that is Modern Housing Solutions!

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:16:08

Thx in advance for the address LL

I could send dh and ds up to shriv to have a fight outside the house if you are having withdrawal symptoms wink

Off to bed now, night all

Pan Sun 31-Aug-08 23:17:34

er...what are you expecting beyond any service that council/ha tenants get???

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:19:52

Eh? hmm

Pan Sun 31-Aug-08 23:20:48

simple enough question.

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:25:01

I don't get it, sorry.

3andnomore Sun 31-Aug-08 23:29:34

pan, I think op didn't think anyone would actually come at all, certainly not this time of night ,so was surprised that they did, but then obviously couldn't fix it anyway, so, it was kinda pointles...

Pan Sun 31-Aug-08 23:38:41

ah, I see. thanks 3. Not sure where the armed forces/civy expectations differ.

3andnomore Sun 31-Aug-08 23:41:13

lol...when we were still forces...well, if we reported anything to be fixed we would usually have to wait....

however, think I would not have reported it at that time of night, but the next day...but that is me, lol....

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:47:34

Pan - the Forces have a different system than civilians when it comes to housing matters.

When my central heating broke down my dh was in Afghanistan. There are not only these issues to consider - there can also be security issues.

I still don't get your point. Do you know who MHS are?

Pan Sun 31-Aug-08 23:51:44

Well, my general point was that the OP's predicament was something that was an experience that most LA/HAs tenants face. So why would it be more noteworthy under "Forces sweethearts" rather than anywhere else???

hf128219 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:52:52

Because we are talking about MHS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now