Talk

Advanced search

air training corps

(15 Posts)
lloyds6399 Wed 13-Aug-08 18:25:46

Hi i'm new and was wondering if anyone knew of any bases that has ATC for my teenage daughter. She loves going and when we get based we would prefer that she keeps going so any help would be great grin

littlelapin Wed 13-Aug-08 18:30:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VanillaPumpkin Wed 13-Aug-08 18:42:43

Most do I believe, and places without RAF camps too iirc.
What do you mean 'when we get based'? Where do you think you will end up? smile

VanillaPumpkin Wed 13-Aug-08 19:08:08

<Hijack> LL, have you moved? Did it go ok?

lloyds6399 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:10:31

We have been told to research the bases to see where we would like to go starting his 9 week training soon and want to make sure my kids going to be ok. So as yet haven't got a clue any ideas lol

Notyummy Wed 13-Aug-08 19:20:24

Hi Lloyds

Nearly all RAF camps will have an ATC based at or near them, so she should be fine. Good luck on the posting....let us know what it is and you will probably find someone who has lived there/is living there on here!

lloyds6399 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:27:38

Thanks i'm a little nervous and unsure what to expect just hope everything will go ok
smile

littlelapin Wed 13-Aug-08 19:49:11

VanillaPumpkin Wed 13-Aug-08 20:50:11

Oh, I see. Exciting stuff. What trade will he be? I agree most camps have ATC units. Where in the country would you like?

LL - We marched into new quarter on Thurs. Moved ourselves eek and have the big clean to do this weekend. I LOVE my new house though. It was so worth the effort. This is my dream home I swear despite the curtains that don't fit, the awful state of the paintwork (rawl plugs left exposed and the height chart of the previous residents children on the wall grin) and the wrinkled carpets. I am soooo HAPPY. Will be posted in 6 mths now wink.

Lloyds - My dh is RAF so shout if you want any advice and I will do my best. There are lots of other RAF wives on here too. Good Luck!

littlelapin Wed 13-Aug-08 22:02:01

VanillaPumpkin Wed 13-Aug-08 22:17:41

Lol. It rained when we were supposed to be moving the beds and sofas in the open topped wagon 'acquired' from someone somwhere <taps nose>, and so I spent the time replacing the curtains, lampshades and lightbulbs!

scaryteacher Wed 13-Aug-08 22:56:56

Quick hijack - Lapin, db sends regards to Mr Lapin. We were back for a fortnight, and down in Devon for the second week, so saw db.

Did you enjoy Brussels?

littlelapin Wed 13-Aug-08 23:01:07

scaryteacher Thu 14-Aug-08 00:14:25

Looks as if the weather has followed us back to Brussels...it's wet and chilly here, and all the trees are turning brown. If you went back on July 21st (?), that was the day we gave in and had a log fire going as in Tervuren it was a definite Dartmoor day!

lloyds6399 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:57:27

littlelapin

thanks i will my need lots of advice lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now